My gravitons move out at the speed of light

In summary, the conversation discusses the concept of gravity and its role in energy. It is noted that gravity is the only force that does not require energy, as seen when an object falls towards the Earth. The question arises of where this energy comes from, and it is explained that the energy comes from the conversion of potential energy to kinetic energy. The conversation also touches on the differences between photons and gravitons, and how they interact with matter. It is mentioned that photons slow down in matter due to interactions, while gravitons do not. However, it is noted that a unified theory of gravity and general relativity would be necessary to fully understand this concept.
Arian
1.From the I see gravity is the only force that requires no energy.
Because when I fall gravity is pulling me down. This is between the Earth and me. Yet neither of us give any energy. I actually lose energy while I accelerate due to air. Yet I still gain energy. Why?

Were does this energy comes from.

2.question two is about the graviton.
My gravitons move out at the speed of light. And never slow down.
Light moves out at the speed of light but slows down in gases, air, and liquids. This is because the photon is basically dodging interactions between the matter?

Photons can accelerate and be stopped,
gravitons can't be stopped. Same reason as above?

Question one is more important!

Physics news on Phys.org
You gain kinetic energy as you fall and you lose potential energy (taking the surface is the datum). If the field is conservative, the total energy of the (earth + you) system is constant.

Oh, forgot about that...(:D)

and remeber that potential energy is realtive Ek = mgh but you can change h to be whatever you like it to be

Other Forces do NOT require Energy, either, until there's motion.

photons go slow in matter because they DO interact (push and pull matter)
they don't "dodge" around the atoms.
[a typical photon is a thousand times larger than an atom.]

gravitons stop when they're absorbed ... same as photons.

[one way to treat light speed in material is absorbtion and delayed re-emission. don't expect a graviton theory to treat this until
it is unified with General Relativity.]

Related to My gravitons move out at the speed of light

1. What are gravitons?

Gravitons are theoretical particles that are believed to carry the force of gravity. They have not yet been observed or proven to exist, but are a key component of many theories of gravity.

2. How do gravitons move?

Gravitons, if they exist, are predicted to move at the speed of light. This means that they would travel at approximately 186,282 miles per second in a vacuum.

3. Can gravitons be detected?

Currently, there is no technology or method to detect gravitons. However, scientists are working on experiments and theories to try and detect the presence of these elusive particles.

4. What does it mean for gravitons to move out at the speed of light?

This means that if a graviton exists and is emitted from an object, it will travel away from that object at the speed of light. This is similar to how photons, particles of light, also travel at the speed of light.

5. How does the speed of gravitons affect gravity?

If gravitons do exist and do indeed move at the speed of light, it would mean that the force of gravity also travels at the speed of light. This would have implications for how gravity behaves and is experienced in the universe.