My calculator batteries are out.

In summary: I always keep a backup battery!In summary,Your calculator's batteries only last a few months, and sometimes they just stop turning on. If your calculator doesn't turn on, then it might mean that your backup battery is out.
Mk
How long does your graphing calculator's batteries last? I think somebody might have switched mine. The calculator won't turn on. Does that mean my backup battery is out? I sure hope I didn't lose all the programs I programmed. That would suck. Well, more than suck. :cry: HOW CAN THERE BE A GOD?!

Computer science news on Phys.org
Didn't anyone tell you? All batteries are designed to stop working on March 9. It's like a little battery holiday to help them recover from their stressful lives. They'll get back to work tomorrow.

- Warren

Awww man! You could have told me that before I replaced my mouse batteries. :biggrin:

Well, it turned on for about 10 seconds, I checked my memory and everything is still there. I better go get new batteries. I can't believe somebody stole my batteries when I wasn't looking yesterday. It was probably Kevin...

Overnight, it went from full'a juice to no juice.

This morning I bought that Cranapple juice, by OceanSpray. Its good! I like it!

hahaha, cranapple juice is super yummy.

i don't think my calc batteries have ever died. right now i don't have a calc though at all. for some reason, graphing calculators spontaneous combust around me... well, not really, but they may as well, i can't keep one for more than a few months before something goes wrong with it. i have one that turns on, and then goes off randomly, and never comes on again. another that goes on, works for a few problems, then starts speaking jibberish and the screen flashes. I've had others that randomly go black. some that get the dumb lines going across the screen. guh..

The batteries for my TI-89 last about 6 months and I use it every day. Yep, yours dying overnight would require serious gaming of some sort. Hours straight. Maybe even the entire day playing games like Phoenix that you downloaded from ticalc.org. Mk, you bad kid... playing Phoenix and Space Dimensia during your lectures.

That reminds me of all those annoying kids in my high school who used to ask me if I had any games for my calculator. Of course, these were the kids who used their $150 calculators for the sole purpose of playing Tetris during math class as opposed to actually doing math! Sorry if I seem to have some hostility, but that did get very annoying! I hope you weren't one of those people, Mk...!

Maybe you put them in backwards?

The batteries for my TI-89 last about 6 months and I use it every day. Yep, yours dying overnight would require serious gaming of some sort. Hours straight. Maybe even the entire day playing games like Phoenix that you downloaded from ticalc.org. Mk, you bad kid... playing Phoenix and Space Dimensia during your lectures.
Naw, I don't have any games :( Well, I have puzzpack that came included but I never play it. I think somebody yesterday, when I wasn't looking, switched out their batteries for new ones. I'm sure of it.

Space Dimensia? Somebody forget about space? :-p

That reminds me of all those annoying kids in my high school who used to ask me if I had any games for my calculator. Of course, these were the kids who used their $150 calculators for the sole purpose of playing Tetris during math class as opposed to actually doing math! Sorry if I seem to have some hostility, but that did get very annoying! I hope you weren't one of those people, Mk...!
I feel your pain.

Mk said:
How long does your graphing calculator's batteries last? I think somebody might have switched mine. The calculator won't turn on. Does that mean my backup battery is out? I sure hope I didn't lose all the programs I programmed. That would suck. Well, more than suck. :cry: HOW CAN THERE BE A GOD?!
You should buy a Post 1460 Versalog or a Pickett N4-ES Vector Hyperbolic Dual Base Speed Rule or a Faber Castell 83/N Novo Duplex. The batteries never die on any of those models. (Of course, the down side is that none of the three have any games you can play)

Gale said:
i don't think my calc batteries have ever died. right now i don't have a calc though at all. for some reason, graphing calculators spontaneous combust around me... well, not really, but they may as well, i can't keep one for more than a few months before something goes wrong with it. i have one that turns on, and then goes off randomly, and never comes on again. another that goes on, works for a few problems, then starts speaking jibberish and the screen flashes. I've had others that randomly go black. some that get the dumb lines going across the screen. guh..
Yeah, my calculator batteries never died either, the calculators just stopped turning on for some unknown reason. :rolleyes:

Ti-83 lasts about three semesters

Ti-89 lasts about one full semester

BobG said:
You should buy a Post 1460 Versalog or a Pickett N4-ES Vector Hyperbolic Dual Base Speed Rule or a Faber Castell 83/N Novo Duplex. The batteries never die on any of those models. (Of course, the down side is that none of the three have any games you can play)
:smile: :smile: Lol, you and your slide rules.. Are those the real names?

Star Wars:
Hans Solo: Pickett N4-ES Vector Hyperbolic Dual Base Speed warp drive online.
Chewbacca: RRrrrrrraaaaaa!

Last edited:
Mk said:
Space Dimensia? Somebody forget about space? :-p
Let's try "Space Dementia" :smile:

moose said:
Ti-83 lasts about three semesters

Ti-89 lasts about one full semester
I like the 89 so much more that I gladly run through batteries faster. Pretty print is quite a feature.

I should mod my calc to have an iPod shuffle integrated. :biggrin: That would be SOOOOO awesome!

Nooooooooooooo My Calculator!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO It must have been fate, it was meant to happen. I put new batteries in, and everything worked.

But my friend crashed it today or something :frown: Never happened before. He said he pushed trace, and he gave it to me to fix it. :frown: It was stuck. So, I took one battery out and turned it back on.

TI RAM CLEARED

I checked my programs and sure enough, all my programs but the archived area-under-a-curve, and molarity programs were all gone. All my hand-written programs, hours of typing onto the damn calculator on the little tiny keyboard (I am waiting for my usb cord), all gone!

Well... I am reminded of If, Rudyard Kipling.

If you can make one heap of all your winnings
And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
And lose, and start again at your beginnings
And never breath a word about your loss;
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man my son!

Well I was just fine :/ I still am, but I lost all my work.

That's a shame! You should definitely get a USB cable. What types of programs have you made?

Related to My calculator batteries are out.

1. How long will my calculator batteries last?

The lifespan of calculator batteries can vary depending on the type and brand of batteries, as well as how often the calculator is used. However, on average, calculator batteries can last anywhere from 6 months to 2 years.

2. What type of batteries does my calculator use?

Most calculators use standard button cell batteries, such as AA or AAA. However, it is important to check the specifications of your specific calculator to ensure you are using the correct type of batteries.

3. Can I use rechargeable batteries in my calculator?

Yes, you can use rechargeable batteries in your calculator. However, keep in mind that rechargeable batteries may have a shorter lifespan compared to non-rechargeable batteries and may need to be replaced more frequently.

4. How do I know when my calculator batteries need to be replaced?

When your calculator starts to have trouble turning on, displays dim numbers, or stops working altogether, it is likely time to replace the batteries. Some calculators may also have a low battery indicator to let you know when it's time for new batteries.

5. How do I properly dispose of my old calculator batteries?

It is important to properly dispose of old calculator batteries to prevent harm to the environment. You can take them to a local recycling center or drop them off at a designated battery recycling location. Do not throw them in the trash.