Music conversion software (to 12 notes only)

In summary, the conversation is about a person who has a Caroling Christmas Bells set and wants to program their own songs on it instead of buying a $90 music cartridge. They are looking for suggestions on software to convert simple music into 12 notes to use on the bells. They mention possibly using a tablature software or finding MIDI songs to customize. They also mention having little musical background but enough engineering experience to do this. A possible solution suggested is using a program like AmazingMIDI to convert MIDI songs for the bells.
taylaron
Gold Member
Greetings PFers
I've got a Capricorn Electronics Caroling Christmas Bells.
http://www.digitalfires.com/bells/

I'm not going to pay $90 for another music cartridge, so I've decided to program in my own songs... yay!...

My trouble is that I need a piece of software to convert some simple music (like a CD of just bells playing) into only 12 notes. There are 12 bells, each of a different note on my Christmas Bell set. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Perhaps I could use a piece of software that makes tablatures (but only 12 notes...)
I have little musical background, but sufficient engineering experience to do this.

Thanks for your help.

Kind regards.
-Tay

Science news on Phys.org
Try to google for carol sheet music.

Look for very simple MIDI songs, and use those to command the module. There are plenty of MIDI christmas songs, and with an editor you can customize them.

Basically what you're looking for is converting the midi output to some way to store them on your cartridge, or maybe you can just control it yoruself.

Related to Music conversion software (to 12 notes only)

1. What is music conversion software?

Music conversion software is a computer program designed to convert music files from one format to another. In the case of converting to 12 notes only, the software would take a music file with a wider range of notes and compress it into a 12-note scale, typically used in Western music.

2. How does music conversion software work?

Music conversion software uses algorithms and digital signal processing techniques to analyze and manipulate the audio data in a music file. It identifies and isolates the individual notes and then adjusts their frequencies to fit within the desired scale, in this case, a 12-note scale.

3. Why would someone want to use music conversion software to limit to 12 notes only?

There are a few reasons someone might want to use music conversion software to limit to 12 notes only. One common reason is to create a simplified version of a song for educational or instructional purposes. It can also be used to convert music from non-Western cultures to a more familiar 12-note scale for easier listening.

4. Can music conversion software accurately convert music to 12 notes only?

Yes, music conversion software can accurately convert music to 12 notes only. However, the quality of the conversion may vary depending on the complexity and original format of the music. Some software may also offer different customization options to fine-tune the conversion process.

5. What are some popular music conversion software programs for limiting to 12 notes only?

Some popular music conversion software programs for limiting to 12 notes only include Audacity, Melodyne, and AmazingMIDI. These programs offer various features and capabilities, so it's important to research and choose the one that best fits your needs.