Munich: Awesome movie or was it? I dunno

• Thread starter Pengwuino
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Movie
In summary, the conversation revolves around a movie that the individuals have seen and their opinions on it. They discuss the plot, characters, and various elements of the movie, such as the amount of sex and nudity in it. Some individuals enjoyed it while others found it confusing and boring. There is also a side conversation about creating a movie review thread. The conversation ends with a comment about the movie Memoirs of a Geisha and a sexist remark.
Pengwuino
Gold Member
I'm kinda confused on how I'm suppose to feel about this movie!

What makes a good movie? I left wondering what happened to like... 5 of the characters in the movie... there was this huge web of lies and connections and inter-related interests... and none of them really were explored! So is a good movie one that answers most of your quesions or is a good movie a movie where you leave dazed and confused and wondering how everything happened?

Peoples emotions were also changing with utterly no explanation, the whole premise was strange, scenes jumped from here to there with no real transition... I am so lost :cry: Then there were these random non-sensicle run-ins with the mother of this guy and they jumped from city to city and god knows where they were at anyone time... And I can't believe that their setup to the movie is that... 5 guys who seemingly have no business being state-sponsored assassins... go out and get screwed up and try to kill people.

And of course, as is par for hollywood these days for some reason, the most gut wrenching scene is super-imposed (or whatever... it was like, flipping back and forth from flashback to present every second or so) on this guy banging his wife like an animal. Honestly, did the movie need that much sex and nudity?

Really... i think there's a big difference between a movie that makes you think and a movie that leaves you to fill in 1/2 the story on your own

Physics news on Phys.org
So did you find a woman to go with you?

No... people and their "work"... does no one else think unemployment rocks?

unemployments for loosers. I felt the same way about syriana...they put toooo much story into it. It was busting out with story. I was like what the hell...I got confused every time I thought I had figured it out.

Yah, this movie would have been a great book... but it's a crappy movie instead.

cyrusabdollahi said:
unemployments for loosers. I felt the same way about syriana...they put toooo much story into it. It was busting out with story. I was like what the hell...I got confused every time I thought I had figured it out.

Syriana was the first movie to make me look at my watch and think "Dammit, it's ONLY been an hour." It was the most boring thriller I've ever seen.

Now, The Producers - that's a movie to look forward to.

We seriously need a movie review thread. Maybe make it a sticky.
I tried my Book Review thread but apparently none of you heathens read!
I'm going to go look for it and resurrect it. Where are my shrunken heads and chicken bones when I need them?!

TheStatutoryApe said:
We seriously need a movie review thread. Maybe make it a sticky.
I tried my Book Review thread but apparently none of you heathens read!
I'm going to go look for it and resurrect it. Where are my shrunken heads and chicken bones when I need them?!

I once looked up the recipe for making shrunken heads. It's really not all that complicated.

Comic books don't count you ape.

I saw Munich today and I thought it was OK in the sense that it wasn't boring. I still can't believe at how unorganized their first assasination was...

I never finished watching Munich. I liked the first half, but got called away and didn't see the last. I was confused as to why state assassins had to go to some French grandpa to find out where these terrorists were hiding. And why the grandpa was happy when they killed the terrorists with bombs, but not happy when they used army guys to kill the terrorists.
For a good movie I suggest Memoirs of a Geisha. I liked that one made me cry.

Made you cry?

Woman.

The grandpa wasn't happy because he doesn't work with governments. Using amry guys makes it very suspicous as to who the main character works for (he's suppose to be free-lance)

I also found it funny how some of the minor characters who had like one line often spoke perfect english without an accent...

Pengwuino said:
Made you cry?

Woman.

The grandpa wasn't happy because he doesn't work with governments. Using amry guys makes it very suspicous as to who the main character works for (he's suppose to be free-lance)
you are a sexist

Related to Munich: Awesome movie or was it? I dunno

What is the plot of "Munich"?

The movie follows the story of a group of Israeli Mossad agents who are tasked with hunting down and assassinating the Palestinian terrorists responsible for the murder of Israeli athletes at the 1972 Munich Olympics.

Is "Munich" historically accurate?

While the movie is based on real events, it does take some dramatic liberties with the story and characters. Some critics have pointed out inaccuracies and biases in the portrayal of certain events and individuals.

Who directed "Munich"?

The movie was directed by Steven Spielberg.

What makes "Munich" an awesome movie?

The film has received critical acclaim for its gripping storytelling, intense action scenes, and thought-provoking themes of vengeance, morality, and the cycle of violence. It also features strong performances from its talented cast.

Should I watch "Munich"?

Ultimately, the decision to watch "Munich" is a personal one. If you are interested in historical dramas with complex themes and powerful storytelling, then this movie may be worth watching. However, it does contain graphic violence and may not be suitable for all viewers.