Help With HTML Poll Creation

In summary, the conversation is about creating a poll using HTML but the person is having trouble finding the code. They learn that HTML is not designed to do work and that scripts are needed. There are two types of scripts, server-side and client-side. The conversation ends with the person offering to create a poll script and host it for the other person.
The Grimmus
I decided to mess around with HTML yesterday and now i can't find the code for a poll can anyone help?

Computer science news on Phys.org
damn i saw soem site that offerd soem round about code for a poll but i was too lazy to desipher which parts i actualy needed well it looks like using google to advance your knowledge has failed agian, Damn i look even more like an idiot

Your absolutely not an idiot Grimmus, technology is confusing. You can create polls using or creating scripts made with a client/server side language. Goto hotscripts.com and you'll find all the poll scripts you'll ever want.

if at hotscripts there are only polls with advertising stuck all over them gime a bell and ill whip you one up. I could even host it if you don't have a mysql database :) I've been dying for an excuse to screate a poll script :P

Well Grimmus, only to give you a bit of light about what you may have been finding confusing ...
HTML is only made for 'layout', HTML is not design to 'do work' (other than linking pages), this is one of the reasons that HTML is not considered a programming language.
When you need to 'do work' (like, save something in a database, load from a database, make a dynamic page, ... etc), you will need 'scripts'.
Scripts are two kinds:
1-Server Side:
In server side scripts, the script is executed on the 'server' (the PC where the page is), and (normally) the page will be returned as HTML to the client (the person viewing the page) after the script has been executed.
This is very usefull in dynamic pages, for example on the top of the forums, there is a line saying "Welcome <UserName>" (for me it is "Welcome STAii" for example), if there was no scripts then the programmer will have to design to different page for EACH and EVERY user (actually, if there was no scripts there wouldn't be forums).
The problem of such scripts is that they don't allow user-interaction, since the execution of the code stops as the page is loaded, and a new page will need to be loaded to make anything new (or maybe reload the same page).
But the advantage is that the user will not need any add-on, since the page is normally returned as HTML.
An example of server side scripts is ASP and PHP.
2-Client Side.
Client side scripts are executed on the client's PC, so they can make anything at anytime (no need for reload).
The disadvantage of those scripts is that they hardly access the server, mainly because of the secuirty policies on the server (i guess ..)
An example of such scripts is JavaScript.

All of those scripts are (normally) written between tags in a page containing tags almost like a normal HTML, in server side scripts, the code will be 'hidden' from the client since only an HTML page will be returned to the client after execution.
In client side scripts the script can be found in somewhere inside the HTML page.

I hope i helped.

What is HTML Poll Creation?

HTML Poll Creation is the process of creating a poll or survey on a webpage using HTML code. This allows website owners to gather feedback and opinions from their audience in a structured manner.

What are the benefits of using HTML Poll Creation?

Using HTML Poll Creation can help website owners gather valuable feedback and insights from their audience. It also allows for easy and organized data collection, and can enhance user engagement on the webpage.

Do I need to know HTML to create a poll?

While some knowledge of HTML may be helpful, there are also many user-friendly tools and templates available online that allow for easy creation of polls without any coding knowledge.

Can I customize the design of my HTML poll?

Yes, you can customize the design of your HTML poll by changing the font, colors, and layout using CSS. This allows you to match the poll to the overall design of your webpage.

How can I embed my HTML poll on my webpage?

You can embed your HTML poll on your webpage by copying and pasting the embed code provided by the poll creation tool onto your webpage's HTML code. This will display the poll on your webpage for visitors to interact with.