Multiple coil field math for magnetic train

In summary, the conversation discussed the calculation of inductance and field strength in a coil while other coils beneath it are turning off. There was also a question about the speed of the coil turning off and the possibility of accelerating the process. The dimensions of the coils (5 cm long and 1000 cm across) and the changing permeability of the material within the magnet (past 7 teslas) were mentioned as factors that may complicate the calculation. The speaker requested an equation or link for determining the change in inductance.
pixelpuffin
i need to know how to calculate the inductance and field strength of a coil while another coil directly beneath it is turning off and coils under that are also turning off
i also need to know how quickly the coils will turn off and if i can accelerate the process
if it makes a difference the coils are very flat (5 cm long and 1000 cm across)
links are quite appreciated too

i almost forgot the permeability of the material within the magnet will be changing and the magnets will be past 7 teslas which likely complicates things

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
what i need the most here is the inductance change so if anybody knows that i would like an equation or a link to an equation

Related to Multiple coil field math for magnetic train

1. What is multiple coil field math for magnetic train?

Multiple coil field math for magnetic train is a mathematical concept used to calculate the forces and fields involved in the operation of a magnetic train. It takes into account the number and placement of coils along the track, as well as the strength and direction of the magnetic fields they produce.

2. How does multiple coil field math work?

Multiple coil field math uses equations and principles from electromagnetic theory to analyze the interactions between the magnetic fields produced by the train's coils and the magnetic fields of the track. It takes into account factors such as distance, angle, and strength of the fields to determine the overall force and motion of the train.

3. Why is multiple coil field math important for magnetic trains?

Multiple coil field math is crucial for understanding the behavior and performance of magnetic trains. It allows engineers and scientists to optimize the design and operation of the train, ensuring that it runs smoothly and efficiently along the track.

4. How does multiple coil field math affect the speed and efficiency of magnetic trains?

The calculations and analysis done through multiple coil field math can impact the speed and efficiency of magnetic trains in several ways. By fine-tuning the design and placement of the coils, the force and motion of the train can be optimized, leading to faster and more efficient travel. Additionally, understanding the effects of magnetic fields on the train can help reduce energy consumption and improve overall performance.

5. What are some real-world applications of multiple coil field math for magnetic trains?

Multiple coil field math is used in the design and operation of many modern magnetic trains, such as the Maglev trains in Japan and China. It is also important for developing new and improved magnetic train technologies, as well as for studying the potential for using magnetic trains in other applications, such as transportation systems and energy production.