Multi slot holder for milling round shaped parts

• Thread starter Tadas
  • Start date
  • Tags
    parts
In summary, the conversation is about a student who has been tasked with designing a 3D model for a multi-slot holder for round shaped parts for milling operation. The student is having trouble understanding the provided drawing and is asking for help finding a different design or understanding the current one. The drawing shows a device with special changs for holding 10 cylinder shaped parts at once, with additional support points and a removable part for final fixing. The student is advised to look for online designs and tutorials, and to use CAD software for their model.
Tadas
Hello. I am a student and I got a task to design a 3D model for multi-slot holder for round shaped parts for milling operation.
In the picture I attached there is shown a device that I should design, maybe improve it, but the problem is that a drawing is a bit unclear and I can't fully understand it so I couldn't make 3D model. In the bottom of drawing it is a drawing of part that has to be milled.
Maybe you know where I could find a different design (not so ancient) of such holder that would be suitable for given parts and be easier to understand. Or if not could you help me understand this one drawing and help me make 3D model of such device.

Following is translation from Russian language. I am not very good at Russian, nor am I native English speaker so this translation might be hard to understand.

Description of drawing:
This device is for milling groves on 10 cilinder shaped parts at the same time.
Datum of part is established by outer surface that is inserted into 10 special changs (not sure how to translate the word) holes 1. These changs also are device fixing elements. As an extra datum point serves support 2. Device consist of assembled housing and two identical removable units. Bottom part of device is plate 3, to which upper box that consist of 3 housing walls is screwed.
On devices removable basis 4 special changs are attached 1, 5. For easement of part fixing, changs are made so in lose position they make opening 0,3mm bigger than part outer diameter.
After parts are inserted opening is removed with the help of nine chocks 6, that are moved up by means of eccentric 7 that is controlled by handle 8.
Final fixing of parts is made with help of devices removable part fixing with swinging lip 9 and screw tightener 10 that is controlled by handle 11. Only small turn of handle 11 is needed for tightening.
20150321_160553.jpg

Physics news on Phys.org
For milling operation device is put in milling machine and holes 12 are used for fastening.Milling cutter enters through opening 13 with clamping ring 14. Thanks for help! Based on your description, it seems that the device you need to design is a multi-slot holder for round shaped parts for milling operations. You can find a variety of designs for such holders online. You can also look for tutorials that will provide step-by-step instructions on how to create a 3D model of the holder. Additionally, if you have access to CAD software, you can use that to design your own model.Once you have a good idea of the design of the holder, you can then start to build the 3D model. You can use the drawing you provided as a reference, but you will need to make sure to double-check all the dimensions and angles to ensure they are accurate. You may also need to make some changes or add additional features to make the holder more suitable for the parts you need to mill.Good luck with your project!

Related to Multi slot holder for milling round shaped parts

1. What is a multi slot holder for milling round shaped parts?

A multi slot holder for milling round shaped parts is a tool used in machining to hold and rotate round-shaped parts during the milling process. It is designed with multiple slots to accommodate different sizes of round parts, increasing efficiency and versatility in milling operations.

2. How does a multi slot holder work?

A multi slot holder works by securing the round part in one of its slots, while the other slots are left empty. This allows the part to be rotated while it is being milled, providing a more precise and consistent result. The slots also prevent the part from slipping or moving during the milling process.

3. What are the benefits of using a multi slot holder for milling round parts?

There are several benefits to using a multi slot holder for milling round parts. Firstly, it allows for increased efficiency and precision in milling operations by securely holding and rotating the part. It also reduces the risk of errors or damage to the part. Additionally, the multiple slots provide versatility in accommodating different sizes of round parts.

4. Is a multi slot holder suitable for all types of round parts?

Yes, a multi slot holder is designed to accommodate a wide range of round parts, making it suitable for various machining applications. However, it is important to ensure that the dimensions of the round part are compatible with the slots of the holder to ensure a secure fit and optimal results.

5. How should a multi slot holder be maintained?

To ensure the longevity and effectiveness of a multi slot holder, it is important to keep it clean and free of any debris or chips that may accumulate during the milling process. It is also recommended to regularly check and replace any worn or damaged parts of the holder, such as the slots or locking mechanism, to ensure optimal performance.