Mtech in Astronomy after Btech in IT?

• Thread starter RoughRoad
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Astronomy
In summary, pursuing an Mtech in Astronomy after Btech in IT in India may not be possible as there is no specific course for it. However, one can opt for an M.Sc. in physics with a specialization in astronomy. It may be challenging as engineering courses may not cover the necessary subjects, but it is possible by clearing the M.Sc. entrance exams.
RoughRoad
Is it possible for me to pursue Mtech in Astronomy after Btech in IT, in India? Please help

Physics news on Phys.org
Please guide me guys!

I'm not sure that there is any course as such in India.However if you are really interested then you can do an M.Sc. in physics with spcialization in astronomy.

tenchotomic said:
I'm not sure that there is any course as such in India.However if you are really interested then you can do an M.Sc. in physics with spcialization in astronomy.

But I don't think it is possible to do an MSc after engineering.

RoughRoad said:
But I don't think it is possible to do an MSc after engineering.

Oh it is very much possible but for that you will have to clear M.Sc. entrance exams which will require knowledge of B.Sc.(physics) subjects which I don't think are taught in that much details in engineering courses.

Related to Mtech in Astronomy after Btech in IT?

1. What is Mtech in Astronomy after Btech in IT?

Mtech in Astronomy after Btech in IT is a postgraduate degree program that combines the knowledge and skills of both information technology and astronomy. It focuses on the application of IT in the field of astronomy, such as data analysis, simulations, and software development for astronomical research.

2. What are the eligibility criteria for Mtech in Astronomy after Btech in IT?

The eligibility criteria for Mtech in Astronomy after Btech in IT may vary from university to university. Generally, candidates should have a Btech degree in IT or a related field with a minimum aggregate score of 60%. Some universities may also require candidates to have a background in physics or mathematics.

3. How long is the duration of Mtech in Astronomy after Btech in IT?

The duration of Mtech in Astronomy after Btech in IT is usually two years, divided into four semesters. However, some universities may offer it as a three-year program as well.

4. What are the career prospects after completing Mtech in Astronomy after Btech in IT?

Graduates with an Mtech in Astronomy after Btech in IT have various career options in both the IT and astronomy industries. They can work as data analysts, software developers, or system administrators in organizations that deal with astronomical data. They can also pursue research and development opportunities in both fields.

5. Can I pursue a PhD after completing Mtech in Astronomy after Btech in IT?

Yes, you can pursue a PhD in Astronomy after completing Mtech in Astronomy after Btech in IT. With a strong background in both IT and astronomy, you can become a valuable asset in the field of astronomical research and contribute to advancements in the field.