How Can I Wire a Start/Stop Button for a Motor Starter with Multiple Contactors?

In summary, the conversation revolves around the use of 4 magnetic contactors with overload relays for a 3 phase and 2 pole overload relay setup for a conveyor. The issue at hand is the on/off switch button, as the boss wants to use separate buttons for on and off. The proposed circuit involves a master switch and the use of a neutral wire for a wye connection. There is also a problem with the conveyor not starting after the power is removed and reapplied. The person is seeking help for this circuit.
formach
hello guys...

im now doing motor starter for conveyor..so i decide to use 4 magnetic contactor connected with overload relay each..1 contactor for main supply and i make some looping for other 3 contactor each contactor connected to one conveyor... it is 3 phase and 2 poles overload relay..im having some problem on the on/off switch button..right now if I am using push button..so everytime i want to on the conveyor i have to hold it to make sure its keep running..my problem is my boss want me to use different on/off button which mean 1 button on and 1 button off...so i can't figure out how the connection...plus i add one master switch...how can i make it happen?? i try to google the solution but still can't find any solution...so anyone reading this hope can help me..thank you

Engineering news on Phys.org
This is the circuit to use.
If 120 volt is removed and then reapplied, the conveyor doesn't start running.

Attachments

• Start stop Relay001.jpg
    Start stop Relay001.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 400
the motor using wye connection...from what i learned wye connection have neutral wire...so i have to use neutral wire too? because without the wire the conveyor still moving..

Related to How Can I Wire a Start/Stop Button for a Motor Starter with Multiple Contactors?

1. What is a motor starter for conveyor?

A motor starter for conveyor is a device that controls the starting, stopping, and speed of an electric motor used to operate a conveyor belt. It typically includes a contactor, overload relay, and control circuitry.

2. Why is a motor starter necessary for conveyor systems?

A motor starter is necessary for conveyor systems because it provides protection for the motor and other components of the conveyor. It also allows for control of the motor's speed and direction, ensuring the safe and efficient operation of the system.

3. How does a motor starter work?

A motor starter works by using a contactor to connect and disconnect the motor from the power source. The overload relay monitors the current drawn by the motor and protects it from damage by tripping if it exceeds a certain level. The control circuitry allows for remote control of the motor's on/off and speed functions.

4. What are the different types of motor starters for conveyors?

There are several types of motor starters for conveyors, including manual starters, magnetic starters, and variable frequency drives (VFDs). Manual starters require manual operation to start and stop the motor, while magnetic starters use an electromagnet to control the motor. VFDs allow for precise control of the motor's speed and direction.

5. How do I choose the right motor starter for my conveyor system?

The right motor starter for your conveyor system will depend on factors such as the type and size of motor, the power requirements, and the level of control needed. It is best to consult with a qualified electrician or engineer to determine the most suitable motor starter for your specific application.