MOTOR Help: Choosing the Right Motor for DIY Project

In summary, the person is seeking help with their DIY project of creating a camera glider/slider that can move the camera horizontally, inclined, and vertically up to 2 meters using a motor and belt. They are specifically looking for a BLDC motor with speed control and good torque, and are asking for guidance and advice on which type of motor would be suitable.
svrhit
MOTOR Help!

Hello Everyone,

Please help regarding my DIY project.

I want to make a Camera Glider/Slider which has to slide my 2-3 KG camera Horizontally, Inclined-ly as well as Vertically (Straight Upto 2 Meter High) using a Motor and a Belt.

Here is the picture my project

3ft%20e-slider%20micro8.jpg

here my typical Project Glider in ACTION

Now All i want to know is kind of MOTOR suitable for my Work. It should have speed control...good torque...etc etc. So please help me, guide me, advice me regarding motor type that would work for me.

Thanks a lot there.

I really appreciate your response.

Last edited by a moderator:
Engineering news on Phys.org
A BLDC motor is your best choice. They come with digital controllers that you canprogrs, with your computer. They come in many sizes. They can operate with variable speeds down to zero. Locate the one to but with a Google search

Related to MOTOR Help: Choosing the Right Motor for DIY Project

1. What factors should I consider when choosing a motor for my DIY project?

When choosing a motor, it is important to consider the required torque and speed for your project, as well as the power supply and voltage requirements. You should also consider the size and weight of the motor, as well as its compatibility with any other components or systems in your project.

2. How do I determine the appropriate torque for my project?

The required torque for your project will depend on the load and resistance that the motor will need to overcome. To calculate the required torque, you can use the formula: torque = force x distance. Make sure to also consider any additional factors, such as friction, when determining the required torque.

3. What are the different types of motors available for DIY projects?

There are several types of motors commonly used in DIY projects, including DC motors, stepper motors, servo motors, and brushless motors. Each type has its own unique features and advantages, so it is important to research and choose the one that best fits your project's needs.

4. Can I use any motor for my project or do I need a specific type?

The type of motor you choose will depend on the specific requirements and goals of your project. Some motors may be more suitable for certain tasks and may not work well for others. It is important to carefully consider the specifications and capabilities of the motor before making a decision.

5. How do I determine the appropriate size of motor for my project?

The size of the motor will depend on the size and weight of your project, as well as the amount of torque and speed required. It is important to choose a motor that is powerful enough to handle the load, but not too large or heavy that it becomes impractical for your project. You can refer to the motor's datasheet or consult with a professional if you are unsure about the appropriate size for your project.