Motion equation and transfer function of mass on a conveyor

In summary, the conversation discusses the relationship between wheel turning angle, induced voltage, and moments on the engine's axis. The equation for induced voltage is dependent on both current and angular velocity, and it is not possible to calculate it based on angular velocity alone. There may be another equation needed to express the relationship between wheel turning angle and angular velocity.
alv13
Homework Statement
A camera (mass = m) is mounted on a box (mass = M, position=x), that is placed on a horizontal conveyor.

The conveyor is moved using a DC engine (Input voltage = V , Moment coefficient = Kt , Induced EFM coefficient = Kb , Viscous friction in engine's axis = C , Resistance =R) attached to it's left wheel (radius = a).

Jm negligible.

Need to find system's motion equation and the transfer Function between V and x.
Relevant Equations
Denote wheel turning angle as theta--> Induced EFM (Em)=Kb*Theta_dot.
Voltages on the wheel: R*i= V - Em
Moments on engine's axis: Kt*i-C*a + a (m+M)*x_double_dot=0 (As Jm negligible).

From here I would find another equation to have x and theta expressing each other, but i think I'm missing something and I'm stuck...

Physics news on Phys.org
A:It's not clear what you're trying to do; there are different ways to calculate the induced voltage in a DC motor, but regardless of which method you use, it is a function of both current and angular velocity.You can't just write down an equation for the induced voltage based on angular velocity (or angular position) alone.

Related to Motion equation and transfer function of mass on a conveyor

1. What is the motion equation for a mass on a conveyor?

The motion equation for a mass on a conveyor is given by the equation: F = ma, where F is the net force acting on the mass, m is the mass of the object, and a is the acceleration of the mass.

2. How is the transfer function of a mass on a conveyor calculated?

The transfer function of a mass on a conveyor is calculated by taking the Laplace transform of the motion equation. This results in a transfer function in the form of H(s) = Y(s)/F(s), where Y(s) is the output (position or velocity) and F(s) is the input (force).

3. What factors affect the motion equation and transfer function of a mass on a conveyor?

The motion equation and transfer function of a mass on a conveyor are affected by factors such as the mass of the object, the force applied to the object, the friction between the object and the conveyor, and any external disturbances or vibrations.

4. How does the conveyor speed impact the motion equation and transfer function of a mass on a conveyor?

The conveyor speed can affect the motion equation and transfer function of a mass on a conveyor by changing the acceleration of the mass. A higher conveyor speed will result in a higher acceleration and therefore a different motion equation and transfer function.

5. Can the motion equation and transfer function of a mass on a conveyor be used for control purposes?

Yes, the motion equation and transfer function of a mass on a conveyor can be used for control purposes, such as designing a feedback control system to regulate the position or velocity of the mass on the conveyor. By understanding the transfer function, engineers can design controllers to achieve desired performance of the conveyor system.