Who is Dr. Kaku? A Biography of a Fascinating Scientist

• Thread starter fuji
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Biography
In summary, a student at UW Madison is writing about scientist Dr. Kaku for their class and is looking for a biography. It is suggested to read his books, as they contain some information about his background, such as attending Harvard and getting his Ph.D at U of C Berkeley. Dr. Kaku is currently a theoretical physics professor at City College of the City University of New York. He is also the author of nine books and his textbooks are used in top physics labs. A Google search and the link provided are recommended for more information on his background and work.
fuji
Hi, I'm an engineering student at UW Madison. For one of my classes we have to write about a scientist and their accomplishments. I chose Dr. Kaku because he is very interesting to me. While doing my research I found plenty of his work but not much for a biography, I was wondering if there was a place to find a biography for him. Thanks.:smile:

Physics news on Phys.org
Try reading his books, they usually have a bit of his bio in them.
Page 3 of Hyperspace talks about some of the events that led to his becoming a scientist.
He's a theor. physics professor at City College of the City University of New York and graduated from Harvard and went on to get his Ph.D at U of C Berkeley.
He was 8 in 1955 (Einstein's death year), so it would make him about 56 or 57.
I think he homeschooled his kids or grandkids.

Here's Coast to Coast's version of his bio:
Bio
Michio Kaku, professor of theoretical physics and co-founder of string field theory, is the author of nine books, including the best-selling "Hyperspace: A Scientific Odyssey Through Parallel Universes, Time Warps, and the 10th Dimension," and most recently, "Visions: How Science Will Revolutionize the 21st Century." His doctorate-level textbooks are required reading at top physics labs worldwide.

Just do a google search. Here's a good link to some bio info:

http://prop1.org/2000/cassini/9707kaku.htm

As for how he thinks and details on his work, you'll just have to read his books and listen to interviews and seminars. Try some libraries, too.

1. Who is Dr. Kaku?

Dr. Kaku, full name Michio Kaku, is a renowned American scientist, futurist, and popular science communicator. He is a professor of theoretical physics at the City College of New York and a well-known figure in the fields of theoretical physics, cosmology, and string theory.

2. What are Dr. Kaku's major contributions to science?

Dr. Kaku is known for his contributions to the development of string field theory, one of the leading theoretical frameworks for understanding the universe at a fundamental level. He has also made significant contributions to the understanding of supersymmetry, a theoretical concept in particle physics. Additionally, Dr. Kaku is a prominent figure in the popularization of science through his books, lectures, and media appearances.

3. What is Dr. Kaku's educational background?

Dr. Kaku received his Bachelor's degree in physics from Harvard University and his Ph.D. in physics from the University of California, Berkeley. He has held research positions at various prestigious institutions, including Princeton University and the Institute for Advanced Study in Princeton, New Jersey.

4. How has Dr. Kaku impacted the world of science?

Dr. Kaku's work has had a significant impact on the scientific community, particularly in the fields of theoretical physics and cosmology. He has published numerous papers and books, including the best-selling "Hyperspace" and "The Future of Humanity," which have helped make complex scientific concepts accessible to the general public.

5. What makes Dr. Kaku a fascinating scientist?

Dr. Kaku's expertise in theoretical physics, his engaging communication style, and his ability to bridge the gap between science and popular culture make him a fascinating scientist. He is also known for his predictions and speculations about the future of science and technology, which have sparked curiosity and excitement among audiences worldwide.