What special physical / mental gifts do you possess ?

• Thread starter KL70
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Physical
I am also very good at picking things up with my toes, such as a book on the floor and passing it to my hands.In summary, the conversation revolves around the topic of individuals discussing their unique physical, mental, or psychic gifts and abilities. Some of the mentioned abilities include speaking before thinking, tuning notes by ear, predicting phone calls, experiencing deja vu, predicting street light changes, and having a sense of time. Others mention having an innate sense of time, out of body experiences, reading minds, and connections with the Prana and Akasha. Some individuals mention having a high degree of empathy, being coordinated with their feet, and picking things up with their toes. Overall, the conversation explores the idea of special abilities and
KL70
What fairly special, unique (in your opinion) serious or humorous physical / mental / psychic gifts do you reckon you possesses and please explain how they work, or how you sometimes use them.

Physics news on Phys.org
I have a special ability to speak BEFORE i think which coincides with my other special ability of inserting my foot into my mouth [b(] [b(] Luckily people are used to it now

Over time I have trained myself to listen to a note and tune it by ear (not very special, but it works). Most of the time, if it sounds out of tune, it is sharp.

Wow, I just realized that not only do I have no special abilities, I'm actually quite dull and boring.

i have an uncanny ability to not only predict a few seconds before the phone rings that it will, but also know who is going to call...there are other small "coincidences" of being clairvoyant, but it would take me all day to name them...

Mine is reoccuring deja vu. I always feel like I'm doing things twice. Must be some type of glitch in the matrix.

Multiple Timequakes?

I didn't come with gifts and if I did they are pretty elusive

i don't know wat my gift is but i hope its not something tht is not appealing to me,like say throwing horse shoes onto a stake in the ground

I have a few actually...I'm ambidextrous, and can write with both hands at the same time. On really nice days, I can write in german on my left and english on my right.

The other day I was laying in bed, trying to sleep (bit of an insomnia problem).
Anyway, there is an opaque curtain between me and the alarm clock, plus, without my glasses on (near-sighted asitgmatism) I can't clearly see the numbers.
With my eyes closed I imagined myself moving the curtain and cheking the time (I am not sure why I did this, I was in a half-asleep state at the time).
I sqinted at the alarm clock and tried to move closer because the numbers weren't clear.
I could make out that it was something:18.
Knowing I usually get home from work at about 9:00 AM, I assumed it was 9:18.
Doing this made me wonder what time it really was, so I moved the curtain, squinted my eyes and looked closer.
It was 9:18.

Really.

Innate sense of time?
Out of body experience?
Reading someone else's mind?
Connection with the Prana and Akasha?
Phychic?
Phychotic?
Who knows?
But it happened.

I see dead people.

Of course I was at a viewing (prefuneral service) at the time...

Actually, I can often predict when a street light is going to turn red. For a while I had a pretty high success rate.

Originally posted by dduardo
Mine is reoccuring deja vu. I always feel like I'm doing things twice. Must be some type of glitch in the matrix.
Check out my post on deja vu, in the thread "Day Jaa Voo" in the biology section.

I'm refering, of course, to the extremely peculiar and powerful feeling that the present situation in all its detail seems to be something we already experienced at some indeterminate point in the past, despite an intellectual realization this could not be the case.

Originally posted by Kerrie
i have an uncanny ability to not only predict a few seconds before the phone rings that it will, but also know who is going to call...
I've had this experience, as well. It certainly presents as too specific and accurate to casually written off as coincidence, doesn't it? I have never been able to close my mind to the possibility of something along the lines of telepathy.

Originally posted by one_raven
I thought 9:18 and it was 9:18

It was probably nothing. If you were tired, two things have a very high probability of being true - 1) Your mind really could make out what time it was when you "couldnt see it" but you still believed you couldn't. This _does_ happen sometimes. 2) You looked the second time, and in your minds non-fully-awake state, it sort of made up that that's what you had saw when you closed your eyes.

But anyhoo, that's just if you were really tired. Hey, if the memory is clear to you then hey..I can't explain it. Sounds cool to me.

PS: Quote shortened. Did not want to waste space quoting it in its entirety.

Originally posted by zoobyshoe
(SNIP) Check out my post on deja vu, in the thread "Day Jaa Voo" in the biology section.
(SNoP)
Haven't I already seen that??

As of the Original question...

My life. soo "Yes", sort of "both", and no one can prove a thing!

I have an uncanny ability to do strange math operations when I'm under stress. I'll get amazing marks on exams in physics, math and chemistry but when I get the exam back marked, the math I did makes absolutely no sense at all but it magically comes up with the right answer. Even my friends and the teacher have a hard time understanding what I did because it's always done a weird way and numbers used are just pulled out of the air it seems.

Last edited:
Originally posted by Artman
Actually, I can often predict when a street light is going to turn red. For a while I had a pretty high success rate.

Me too.
It is usually shortly after it turns yellow. :wink:

Well I travel though time, however it isn't that special. Idk i can stay up a long time but then again many can do that as well it seems, more and more.

Originally posted by Evo
Wow, I just realized that not only do I have no special abilities, I'm actually quite dull and boring.

Everyone has something.

As for me, I'm very coordinated with my feet, but very goofy with my hands.

I have a high degree of empathy (for a male physicist).

I often view my world supernaturally, but am able to justify it realistically.

My body has carried me through some hellacious mental states.

I am readily able to translate emotions into cognition.

Originally posted by Mr. Robin Parsons
Haven't I already seen that??
Check out my post on deja vu, in the thread "Day Jaa Voo" in the biology section.

I'm refering, of course, to the extremely peculiar and powerful feeling that the present situation in all its detail seems to be something we already experienced at some indeterminate point in the past, despite an intellectual realization this could not be the case.

Read this yesterday zoob, what's with the double postings?

( )

Originally posted by Mr. Robin Parsons
Read this yesterday zoob, what's with the double postings?

ooh ooh, i have another one! I can TIE my shoe laces!

Originally posted by one_raven
Me too.
It is usually shortly after it turns yellow. :wink:

Haaa! True, but I guess I mean yellow. I usually snap my fingers to show others in the car when it will happen and then it turns yellow within a split second of my snap.

Originally posted by Artman
Haaa! True, but I guess I mean yellow. I usually snap my fingers to show others in the car when it will happen and then it turns yellow within a split second of my snap.
I'm not sure what you attribute this talent to, but it makes me speculate whether or not there might be such a thing as "perfect timing" in the same sense is there is such a thing as "perfect pitch". This would mean that once you know the length of time a light stays green, you have a perfect sense of exactly when that much time has elapsed without having to watch a clock.
You could easily rig up a test for this, and see if you can do it with other lengths of time.

Well, I've talked about physical abilities on other threads, and I don't have too many mental abilities to speak of (150 I.Q. gone to waste on 15-year-old bookworm), but as to clairvoyant-ish abilities: I have such clear deja-vu sometimes, that I can tell you exactly (and I do mean exactly) what's going to happen next because...well, it's already happened before, AFAIC; I very often start thinking about a song that I don't really like, and then turn on the radio or TV, and find out it's playing at the same spot that I'm at in my mind's recital of it; and I have, on three occasions, attempted to call my mom at her job, but picked up the phone just before the first ring since she was calling me to tell me exactly what I wanted to tell her...usually to do with food .

Originally posted by Mentat I have such clear deja-vu sometimes, that I can tell you exactly (and I do mean exactly) what's going to happen next because...well, it's already happened before,
What you are experiencing isn't deja vu then. It is the recollection of a precognitive experience of the future.

People who suffer from chronic deja vus often have have them when they are in the act of speculating about the future. Suddenly that speculation becomes imbued with such a sense of familiarity they are convinced they know what is going to happen next. In the case of neurological deja vus what they think is going to happen next never does, at least no more than chance would allow.

If your convictions about what is going to happen next do come true as you claim, then this is something else; clairvoyance or something.

What you are experiencing isn't deja vu then. It is the recollection of a precognitive experience of the future.

People who suffer from chronic deja vus often have have them when they are in the act of speculating about the future. Suddenly that speculation becomes imbued with such a sense of familiarity they are convinced they know what is going to happen next. In the case of neurological deja vus what they think is going to happen next never does, at least no more than chance would allow.

If your convictions about what is going to happen next do come true as you claim, then this is something else; clairvoyance or something.

Well, they usually do.

So, what your saying is that I became so familiar with my speculations about future events that I was convinced they'd already happened before? Interesting. Could some of this "speculation" have occurred in dreams (since sometimes it feels like what happened had happened before in a dream).

Originally posted by Mentat
Well, they usually do.

So, what your saying is that I became so familiar with my speculations about future events that I was convinced they'd already happened before? Interesting. Could some of this "speculation" have occurred in dreams (since sometimes it feels like what happened had happened before in a dream).
I used to have clusters of deja vus. Sometimes I became convinced I knew what was going to happen next because when I was in the process of speculating about it I would suddenly have a deja vu, and the speculation would seem so incredibly familiar I was convinced I was "remembering the future." When what I thought was going to happen didn't I would often suddenly have another deja vu, which made what did happen seem so familiar, that I would rationalize to myself that my previous error could be dismissed because what did happen was so familiar it was "obvious" I had remembered the future, just not completely correctly the first time.

After this happened to me many many times I began to become aware of the revisionist rationalization that had been going on, and realized that I was only right about what was going to happen next about .01% of the time. The deja vus have a weird way of making you feel certain you were right, when you weren't.

The same thing happens to everyone who has clusters like this; the same belief that you knew what was going to happen.

I also had the kind that seemed indisputably to be something I had dreampt before. When the deja vu happens and the present suddenly seems incredibly familiar, I was occasionally certain I had dreampt the scene before in complete detail. I didn't have this often enough to be able to sort out if that were true or if it was another kind of retroactively created illusion. This "dream" feeling is also common to people who have a lot of them.

I'm not against the notion that clairvoyance might exist in some way, shape or form, but when the experience is associated with a lot of Deja Vu feelings, I'm skeptical because of my own experiences with retroactively "correcting" my "premonitions" to fit what actually ended up happening. You can't help it, really. No matter what happens it feels so damned familiar.

Not to get too much off topic, but I am really curious about what causes the feeling of "dejavu". A couple of days ago I was speaking on the phone with a client explaining what would be needed to do database integration for screen pops and suddenly had such a strong feeling of "dejavu" that I almost dropped the phone. Since it's not possible that I might have "done this before" as it was a very unusual scenario in this particular case, is "dejavu" just a weird mind "glitch"? I do so clearly recall having that particular conversation before though.

Originally posted by Evo
Not to get too much off topic, but I am really curious about what causes the feeling of "dejavu".
It's a simple partial seizure. See my post in the thread "Day Jaa Voo" now showing in a biology forum near you. I go into excruciating detail in a very long post.

I'm not sure what you attribute this talent to, but it makes me speculate whether or not there might be such a thing as "perfect timing" in the same sense is there is such a thing as "perfect pitch". This would mean that once you know the length of time a light stays green, you have a perfect sense of exactly when that much time has elapsed without having to watch a clock.
You could easily rig up a test for this, and see if you can do it with other lengths of time.

I would guess that you are right on this. My success rate is higher on familiar roadways. (Although I have done it on vacations with fair accuracy.) I was at my peak when I had a 1.5 hour commute one way. Now I'm down to a .5 hour commute one way and I only go through a few traffic lights. I don't concentrate on them as much now because there are so few (they used to bug the heck out of me on my longer commute).

Time ago I conjectured if deja-vu happens live path is or could be taking an abrupt change. Sort of Everett collapse of your world.

So, that client is a potential danger to your life!

Originally posted by Evo
Not to get too much off topic, but I am really curious about what causes the feeling of "dejavu". A couple of days ago I was speaking on the phone with a client explaining what would be needed to do database integration for screen pops and suddenly had such a strong feeling of "dejavu" that I almost dropped the phone. Since it's not possible that I might have "done this before" as it was a very unusual scenario in this particular case, is "dejavu" just a weird mind "glitch"? I do so clearly recall having that particular conversation before though.