Misure magmetic field by hakìll probe

In summary, the speaker is asking a question about determining the magnetic field on a ferromagnetic piece using a hall probe meter. The magnetization of the piece is longitudinal and the type of current used is alternative current. When the instrument is set up on AC, the value displayed is I = 900 A and Hmax (kA/m) is about 3.8. When the set up is changed to ACpk, the value displayed is I = 900 A and Hpk (kA/m) is about 13.3. The speaker is wondering why there are two different results for the same H value and if the instrument is malfunctioning. They are seeking clarification from experts on this issue.
cataldo
Hi to all experts forums...
I can ask you the follow question or problem...
I determine the magnetic field on one ferromagnetic piece by hall probe meter...The magnetization of this piece is longitudinal and the tipology of current is alternative current and set up the istrument on AC...The value that i read on display of the instrument in this situation is:
I = 900 A
Hmax (kA/m) about 3,8

In the same condition above i change the set up of instrument from AC to ACpk (peak AC).
I read this value:

I = 900 A
Hpk (kA/m) about 13,3

if i readed in the first case the max value of H why i have two different result on H? In opinion sholud be the same H value but in not true...I wait, if possibe, the your answers..

Physics news on Phys.org
brok mbe is instrimnt?

Related to Misure magmetic field by hakìll probe

1. What is a Hakìll probe used for?

A Hakìll probe is a type of scientific instrument used to measure magnetic fields. It consists of a small, thin metal rod with a sensor at the end that detects changes in magnetic fields.

2. How does a Hakìll probe measure magnetic fields?

The sensor at the end of the Hakìll probe detects changes in the magnetic field by converting them into electrical signals. These signals are then amplified and recorded, providing measurements of the strength and direction of the magnetic field in the surrounding area.

3. Can a Hakìll probe measure both static and dynamic magnetic fields?

Yes, a Hakìll probe can measure both static and dynamic magnetic fields. Static magnetic fields are those that do not change over time, such as those generated by permanent magnets. Dynamic magnetic fields, on the other hand, are those that vary over time, such as those produced by electric currents.

4. What are some common applications of Hakìll probes?

Hakìll probes are commonly used in scientific research, particularly in the fields of physics, geology, and astronomy. They are also used in various industries, such as in the manufacturing of electronic devices and in medical imaging.

5. Are there any safety precautions to consider when using a Hakìll probe?

Yes, it is important to follow safety guidelines when using a Hakìll probe, as it is a sensitive scientific instrument. This includes avoiding strong magnetic fields and ensuring proper handling and storage to prevent damage to the probe.