Searching for an Alternative Online Diary Solution

• Thread starter Entropia
  • Start date
In summary: i have entries that are from 2007-2011 and entries from 2012-present and it's been a great way to see the growth of my thought process and to see how my understanding of those experiences has grown.
Entropia
hello people, i have an online diary at www.freeopendiary.com but that server... umm... well, there are a lot of problems wiht it (logging in problems, can't post or delte comments, more pop up ads than you can shake a stick at etc. etc.) so I am thinking about convertig online diaries.

does anybody have any suggestions or recomendations?

thnx

Physics news on Phys.org
i use blurty.com

Greetings !

I don't know about diaries in general, never had one
and never saw the need, but open online diaries just
sounds like a stupid idea to me, no offense to anyone.
Why would you want one at all ? Aspecialy if it's an
online free access one ? (Just curious. :smile:)

Live long and prosper.

drag, some people like to write down their thoughts that are of significance, for example, i keep an online journal of the lessons of life i am learning, so that one day i may go back and reflect...keeping a journal is a highly effective release for some, as a child, i had over 10 diaries by the time i was 18...

I can understand why someone would want a diary but the idea of a diary is to write down your thoughts, why would you want to put a diary online so that anyone could view it?

Originally posted by Andy
I can understand why someone would want a diary but the idea of a diary is to write down your thoughts, why would you want to put a diary online so that anyone could view it?
Yeah, that was my second question as well.
Also, Kerrie I can partially understand this because
I also do write down seemingly great ideas when they occur
to me, but I certainly do not record my daily experiences
or my thoughts about them. As far as I'm concerned if there's
something like that that's interesting - I just use a camera.

Live long and prosper.

personally, i do not use my journal to record everyday experiences either, i did as a pre-teen as the little daily events of boys, school, and parents were all that consumed me then...now i use mine to almost write a history of my growth in a wider scale...

1. What are the benefits of using an alternative online diary solution?

There are several benefits to using an alternative online diary solution. One of the main advantages is the convenience and accessibility it offers. With an online diary, you can access your entries from anywhere with an internet connection, and you don't have to worry about carrying a physical diary with you. Additionally, many alternative online diary solutions offer features such as password protection, customizable templates, and the ability to add multimedia to your entries.

2. How do I choose the right alternative online diary solution?

Choosing the right alternative online diary solution will depend on your personal preferences and needs. Some important factors to consider include the features and functionality of the platform, its user-friendliness, and the level of privacy and security it offers. It's also helpful to read reviews and compare different options to find the best fit for you.

3. Can I transfer my existing diary entries to an alternative online diary solution?

Many alternative online diary solutions offer the option to import your existing diary entries from other platforms or formats. However, the compatibility and ease of this transfer will vary depending on the specific platform. It's important to check if your current diary entries can be transferred before making the switch.

4. Are alternative online diary solutions safe and secure?

The safety and security of alternative online diary solutions will depend on the specific platform and its privacy policies. It's important to research and choose a platform that offers strong security measures, such as encryption and password protection, to keep your diary entries safe from unauthorized access.

5. Is it possible to share my diary entries with others using an alternative online diary solution?

Some alternative online diary solutions offer the ability to share your entries with others, either through direct sharing or by publishing them publicly. However, this will depend on the specific platform and its features. It's important to carefully review the sharing options and adjust your privacy settings accordingly to control who can view your entries.