Did you see Donnie Darko? Share your thoughts!

• Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
In summary, Donnie Darko is an amazing film that is thought-provoking and has a great plot. The music is also very good.
I just saw this movie. Anyone else see it and want to comment on it? I thought it was awesome. Very thought provoking. I recommend it, however give some leeway with physics brought up.

Physics news on Phys.org
That movie rocks, especially the second time around when you're trying to figure everything out. Did you get the DVD? The deleted scenes clarified a bunch of things for me, like the guy in the creepy rabbit mask being his sister's friend that got killed.

That was a most excellent movie. I really enjoyed it. I like the surreality of it all, and it makes you think how the little choices in life can make huge differences in your future. Freaky.

Did you get the DVD? The deleted scenes clarified a bunch of things for me,
Ah no :frown: but now it's a reason to rent it again! :smile:

The donnie darko website is pretty neat. It's like a puzzle game and it also clears the plot up alot. Also I went to imdb.com and looked through the darko message board. Otherwise I would have been lost to what really happened. However, I like how things are open to interpretation.

Originally posted by Greg Bernhardt
Ah no :frown: but now it's a reason to rent it again! :smile:

The donnie darko website is pretty neat. It's like a puzzle game and it also clears the plot up alot. Also I went to imdb.com and looked through the darko message board. Otherwise I would have been lost to what really happened. However, I like how things are open to interpretation.

I've never heard of Donnie Darko. What's it rated?

I may be the only person on Earth who saw that movie and didn't like it. Maybe its because I had to watch it in black&white.

I've got it on DVD...it is now one of my favorite movies!

You Lucky Swine...

never heard of it

I thought it was an amazing film, rented it out on video whilst a mate had a few people round. Me and my friend pick (alphagoat from old physics forums) thought it was amazing but the stupid females that watched it with us didnt understand it and because they didnt understand it decided that it was ****. but it is an amazing film definelty recommend watching it.

donnie darko is one of the best films I've ever EVER seen, and the music is so good. first time i saw it, well afterwards, i just sat there with my friend in silence, there's not much you can say after such an experience, i had tears running down my face but didn't really know why, now whenever i hear 'mad world' i get all teary. but possibly one of the funniest moments in cinema that i will never forget, when the jim cunningham guy is doing the seminar and donnie is abusing him, "yeah I'm scared and confused and i spose i don't have any answers (or something vaguely similar), but you know what? i think you're the f***ing antichrist!" oh god *rolls around floor screaming with laughter*

my god donnie darko is one of my absolute fav films, the plot and how twists round is excellent, and really makes you think about things

1. What is the meaning of the rabbit in "Donnie Darko"?

The rabbit, known as Frank, serves as a symbol of fear and temptation for Donnie. It represents the darker aspects of his personality and the choices he must make between good and evil.

2. Why does Donnie see a giant bunny?

Donnie suffers from paranoid schizophrenia, which causes him to experience hallucinations and delusions. The giant bunny is a manifestation of his mental illness, a projection of his fears and anxieties.

3. What is the significance of the 28-day time loop in the film?

The 28-day time loop represents the theme of fate versus free will. Donnie is given the opportunity to change his destiny, but ultimately must follow a predetermined path to save himself and those around him.

4. How does the film incorporate elements of science fiction?

The film explores concepts of time travel, parallel universes, and the manipulation of reality through its use of a mysterious jet engine and Donnie's ability to see into the future.

5. Is "Donnie Darko" based on a true story?

No, "Donnie Darko" is a fictional story. However, it does draw inspiration from real-world events such as the 1988 presidential election and the Tangent Universe theory proposed by physicist Richard Feynman.