Why is my private mail inbox showing as 2% full?

• Thread starter quartodeciman
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the discrepancy between the percentage of inbox space shown on the main page and the actual messages displayed in the inbox. The suggestion is made to check the sent messages box and expand the number of days to view in order to find the missing message. The speaker also mentions that they have an unread sent message that is using up space in the inbox. They also make a comment about the word "fascinating" being used as a polite euphemism.
quartodeciman
How odd! The main page PM display for me shows:

Your Inbox is 2% full

but

Physics Forums > User Control Panel For quartodeciman > Private Messages > Inbox shows:

Show Messages From: the beginning
Jump to folder: Inbox

There are no messages to display in this folder for this time period.

Physics news on Phys.org
Have you tried looking in the 'sent messages' box?, or elongated the number of "days to view" results?

Explore, you might just find the answer!

Fascinating!

The sent message used space counts against the inbox used space. Yes, I do have an unread sent message out there.

Fascinating!

('fascinating' in my vocabulary is a polite euphemism for something else)

1. What is a private mail inbox puzzle?

A private mail inbox puzzle is a type of puzzle or game where a user must decrypt or decode a message in order to view its contents. The message is typically sent to the user's private email inbox and may contain a hidden clue or key that must be deciphered to unlock the message.

2. How do I solve a private mail inbox puzzle?

To solve a private mail inbox puzzle, you will need to carefully examine the message and look for any hidden clues or codes. These clues may be in the form of numbers, symbols, or words that may need to be rearranged or decoded using a specific method. It may also be helpful to research common encryption techniques or try trial and error until the message is successfully decrypted.

3. Are private mail inbox puzzles used for security purposes?

Private mail inbox puzzles can be used for security purposes, but they are more commonly used for entertainment or as a form of online scavenger hunt. They may also be used as a way to encrypt secret messages between friends or as a marketing tool for businesses or organizations.

4. Is it legal to create and send private mail inbox puzzles to others?

As long as the private mail inbox puzzle is not used to harm or deceive others, it is generally legal to create and send them to others. However, it is important to consider the recipient's privacy and consent before sending them a puzzle, and to ensure that the message does not contain any inappropriate or offensive content.

5. Can private mail inbox puzzles be solved by computers or algorithms?

In some cases, private mail inbox puzzles may be solvable by computers or algorithms, especially if they use common encryption methods or patterns. However, many puzzles are designed to be solved by humans and may require creativity or critical thinking skills to decipher the hidden message.