The machine that invents

• Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Machine
In summary: I'm sure there are many bumps in the road ahead, but I still think this is a significant step towards true AI.In summary, Steven Thaler has two patents for his creation, the Creativity Machine, which is based on the idea that noisy neurons and faulty memories can lead to great ideas. He believes that this invention will ultimately lead to artificial intelligence surpassing human intelligence, and many are excited about the possibilities it holds.
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
All men go to good Earth in one eternal silent night

His first patent was for a Device for the Autonomous Generation of Useful Information," the official name of the Creativity Machine, Miller said. "His second patent was for the Self-Training Neural Network Object. Patent Number Two was invented by Patent Number One.

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/news/stories.nsf/News/Science+&+Medicine/E981DA33F2CF718986256E250061FFF6?OpenDocument&Headline=Computer+Creativity+Machine+simulates+the+human+brain [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
Computer science news on Phys.org
Its foundation is the discovery that great ideas are the result of noisy neurons and faulty memories.
========

how'd he get a patent on my brain?---

oh, could be "W's"
(that Bush is quite an 'inventor' -for sure)

(but who knows what 'virus' lies dormant
in the Mad CowBoy brain...)

something to chew on...

lotta food for thought--quite a meal

scary...

this guy's like the Tesla of neural-networks.

love it- don't touch that coil!

I just moved up my estimate of the singularity by ten years. Before 2050 now.

Originally posted by selfAdjoint

Do you think this will be a good thing or a bad thing?

It is only a matter of time before computers are "smarter" than humans They already beat us with shear brute force.

I for one embrace our AI overloards.

Originally posted by selfAdjoint
What? The denominator is approaching zero??

- Warren

Originally posted by dduardo
It is only a matter of time before computers are "smarter" than humans They already beat us with shear brute force.

I for one embrace our AI overloards.

don't care for the cockroach models...
but the Pamela Anderson models, all right!

i think i dreamed about this 'article' last night

seriously-can't get it out of my mind...

Name

Did this Steven Thaler ask his machine what its name was?
CJ

So this just reinforces my point that I'm not crazy, just overly creative!

Sounds like a need for the birth of a 'computer rights society', to protect neural networks from being mistreated in an inhumain way. lol

These could be quite usefull,
Just imagine a game, where your adversaries can learn and grow.
Make a 'Deciding' Neural net, which decides which cource of action is the correct one (FSM, in a ches game a minimax tree)
And give the second neural net a 'memory' (link outputs to inputs),
And it would be a verry hard opponant.

WOW!

That's about all I can say.

WOW!

Is this a huge as it seems to me, or am I just being overly optimistic and taken by the romance of someone stumbling upon the key to true AI and analogesque digital brains?

Originally posted by one_raven
WOW!

That's about all I can say.

WOW!

Is this a huge as it seems to me, or am I just being overly optimistic and taken by the romance of someone stumbling upon the key to true AI and analogesque digital brains?
It does appear to me to be that huge: which of course is why I am skeptical.

1. How does "The machine that invents" work?

"The machine that invents" works by using advanced algorithms and data analysis to identify patterns and connections between existing inventions. It then combines these elements in new and innovative ways to create new inventions.

2. Can "The machine that invents" replace human inventors?

No, "The machine that invents" is not meant to replace human inventors. It is designed to assist and enhance the creative process, providing new ideas and possibilities for human inventors to explore.

3. Is "The machine that invents" limited to a specific field or industry?

No, "The machine that invents" is not limited to any specific field or industry. It can be used in various fields, such as technology, healthcare, transportation, and more.

4. How accurate are the inventions created by "The machine that invents"?

The accuracy of the inventions created by "The machine that invents" depends on the quality and quantity of data it has access to. The more data it has, the more accurate and innovative the inventions will be.

5. Can "The machine that invents" be used for commercial purposes?

Yes, "The machine that invents" can be used for commercial purposes. It can help businesses and industries come up with new products and solutions, increasing their competitiveness and profitability.