Mind Reading - 1
1. What was said.
2. What was thought.
1. Thursday? Let me check my calendar.
2. One, two, three, four . . .
1. The whaling prints are charming,
I love that nautical wallpaper,
and the bunk bed is adorable.
2. I can't believe she thought I meant
the actual little boy's room.
1. I refuse to answer on the grounds that
it might tend to incriminate me.
2. In the cellar.
1. What a lovely baby!
He looks just like his father ...
2. Whoever he is.
1. I really had something with
larger diamonds in mind.
2. Sure beats waiting outside in the cold.
1. I won't insult your intelligence ...
2. In fact, I doubt that I can.
1. I'm surprised that an intelligent person
like you could take astrology seriously.
2. So Leos are distinguished and sexy, eh?
1. You were marvelously spontaneous.
2. Try rehearsing.
1. It is a far, far better thing I do ...