Microtiter/Microwell plate filling with solid materiale - HOW?

In summary, filling a microtiter/microwell plate with solid material involves preparing the material, cleaning and drying the plate, adding the material using a pipette or automated system, and sealing the plate. Different types of solid materials, such as powders, beads, crystals, and gels, can be used. The amount of material added to each well will depend on the volume and concentration needed. To prevent air bubbles, the material should be added carefully and the plate can be tapped gently. Alternative methods include using a multi-channel pipette or pre-filling the plate with a liquid medium. The chosen method will depend on the experiment and available resources.
opalquest
Hi :)

Well this is my first post here in the forum, I hope I put it into the right category.

Im hoping that someone here might be able to help me with a little problem that I can't find the solution to. I am not a lab geek, unfortunately but I am trying to describe a process where I found that Microwell plates would be ideel to use.

I would like to fill the plates in a machine, with a solid materiale. But all I can find is liquid dispensers for these types of plates. Does anyone know a machine that would do this ?

Afterwards they are supposed to be filled with a liquid and then again a sample object.

Im hoping that this would be possible to do in a 24 hole - Deep well plate, where the holes contain 10.000 μL (10ml)

Hopefully someone can guide me towards a cheep model, since I would like to try it out in real life for a study I am doing.

If someone also know where to get these plates at a reasonably, price from a producer or wholeseller in china or something it would also be swell ;)

Thanks for your time :)

Engineering news on Phys.org

It's great to see that you are interested in using Microwell plates for your study. I can definitely help you with your problem. There are a few options for filling Microwell plates with solid material.

One option is to use a powder dispenser, which is a machine specifically designed to dispense solid materials into small containers like Microwell plates. These dispensers can be found in various sizes and can be adjusted to dispense different amounts of material into each well.

Another option is to use a manual filling method, where you can use a spoon or a spatula to carefully fill each well with the desired amount of solid material. This method may be more time-consuming, but it can be a cost-effective option if you are only filling a small number of plates.

In terms of where to purchase Microwell plates at a reasonable price, you can try searching for suppliers on websites like Alibaba or AliExpress. These websites connect buyers with manufacturers in China and often offer competitive prices. However, make sure to do your research and read reviews before making a purchase to ensure quality and reliability.

I hope this helps you with your study. Good luck!

Related to Microtiter/Microwell plate filling with solid materiale - HOW?

1. How do you fill a microtiter/microwell plate with solid material?

The process of filling a microtiter/microwell plate with solid material involves several steps. First, the solid material must be properly prepared, such as crushing or grinding to ensure uniform particle size. Next, the plate must be cleaned and dried to prevent contamination. Then, the solid material can be added to each well using a pipette or automated filling system. Finally, the plate must be sealed or covered to prevent any loss of material during the experiment.

2. What types of solid materials can be used for microtiter/microwell plate filling?

There are various types of solid materials that can be used for microtiter/microwell plate filling, including powders, beads, crystals, and gels. The choice of material will depend on the specific experiment and the properties of the material, such as solubility, density, and compatibility with the sample being tested.

3. How much solid material should be added to each well in a microtiter/microwell plate?

The amount of solid material to add to each well will depend on the volume of the well and the concentration of the material needed for the experiment. It is important to accurately measure the amount of material added to ensure consistent results. This can be done by using a balance or by preparing a stock solution of the material and diluting it to the desired concentration.

4. How can I prevent air bubbles when filling a microtiter/microwell plate with solid material?

Air bubbles can interfere with the accuracy and consistency of results when filling a microtiter/microwell plate with solid material. To prevent air bubbles, it is important to add the material slowly and carefully, avoiding any sudden movements or jostling of the plate. Additionally, tapping the plate gently on a hard surface can help to dislodge any trapped air bubbles.

5. Are there any alternative methods for filling a microtiter/microwell plate with solid material?

Yes, there are alternative methods for filling a microtiter/microwell plate with solid material. One option is to use a multi-channel pipette or automated filling system, which can save time and increase accuracy. Another method is to pre-fill the plate with a liquid medium and add the solid material later, either directly to each well or by using a reagent dispenser. The choice of method will depend on the specific experiment and the resources available.