Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

MHB Widgets

• Admin

Jameson

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
We are very happy to add MHB Widgets to our list of tools that can potentially help you study and learn math more efficiently. Thanks to Wolfram we have a nice list of tools to help you out with your calculations. To see a full list of the new widgets, please see this page. This can also be found through MHB Info -> MHB Widgets in the navigation menu.

Screen Shot 2012-07-18 at 1.02.55 PM.png

Please leave any feedback you have in this thread.

MHB Staff

Reckoner

Jun 16, 2012
Please leave any feedback you have in this thread.
If I may be permitted to be picky, I think the description could use a little revision for minor grammatical issues. Changes are in bold:

We have embedded the computational power of Wolfram Alpha so that all of your tedious calculations can be done within MHB itself, without ever having the need to use another computer algebra system.

The widgets can be opened by clicking on the links on the left-hand side pane. Each widget will be opened in a pop-up window and can be used repeatedly. Also you can switch between the widget pop-up window and a thread so that the calculation results can be easily copied to your answers.

The Wolfram Widget Builder is used to design these widgets. If you have any interesting widgets that you think should be included in this list, we are always happy to hear about it.

Thank you and we hope you will make the most out of MHB Widgets!
I think I'll have to wait until I get home to try the widgets themselves. I can't get them to load right now, but I'm stuck on Firefox 3.6 at work, which might be the problem.

• Admin

Jameson

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
Those weren't picky edits at all. There were several typos or just errors. Good finds, thank you :)

Chris L T521

Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
With regards to the MHB Widgets box on the right side of the page, I managed to edit each of those links in a way such that a pop-up window appears whenever you click one of them. I had to do some trial and error guess work with regards to setting proper window sizes, so I'd appreciate some feed back on whether or not any additional adjustments should be made. I'm pretty sure they'll look different for different people due to screen resolution differences, so I'll do my best to compensate for that.

Sudharaka

MHB Math Helper
Feb 5, 2012
With regards to the MHB Widgets box on the right side of the page, I managed to edit each of those links in a way such that a pop-up window appears whenever you click one of them. I had to do some trial and error guess work with regards to setting proper window sizes, so I'd appreciate some feed back on whether or not any additional adjustments should be made. I'm pretty sure they'll look different for different people due to screen resolution differences, so I'll do my best to compensate for that.
Hi Chris L T521, :)

The pop-up window sizes of the Widgets seem to differ from one another. Here are screenshots of how the first three Widgets appear in my computer.

Kind Regards,
Sudharaka.

Chris L T521

Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
Hi Chris L T521, :)

The pop-up window sizes of the Widgets seem to differ from one another. Here are screenshots of how the first three Widgets appear in my computer.

Kind Regards,
Sudharaka.

Thanks for posting those pics!

Ah yes, I made them different in size because after running each one, I noticed (especially for the graphing one) that it didn't need to be as wide as the others. My screen also has a pretty large resolution (1920 x 1080), so I think the values I used made sense for that particular resolution. I'm going to try and see if I can redo it so that it works for those with smaller screen resolutions than mine.