Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

MHB Screensaver/Animation!

Sudharaka

MHB Math Helper
Feb 5, 2012
Last edited:

Jameson

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
I normally use a Macbook so I opened this on a friend's PC with Windows XP and there was a permissions error. Is this related to the computer or is it not compatible with XP perhaps? Can someone else try to open it? This sounds really cool!

MarkFL

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 24, 2012
I was able to view the preview.

Do you have Adobe Flash installed on your friend's computer?

Jameson

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
(Headbang)

Doh! I tried downloading and running the .exe file instead of clicking on the preview.

Nicely done Sudharaka! I like it :)

kanderson

Jul 7, 2012
I keep getting spammed malware and my antivirus picks them up. I dont know why.....

Sudharaka

MHB Math Helper
Feb 5, 2012
I normally use a Macbook so I opened this on a friend's PC with Windows XP and there was a permissions error. Is this related to the computer or is it not compatible with XP perhaps? Can someone else try to open it? This sounds really cool!
(Headbang)

Doh! I tried downloading and running the .exe file instead of clicking on the preview.

Nicely done Sudharaka! I like it :)
Sorry about the .exe file not working. It works fine for me. Didn't you try out the .jar file? Isn't JVM installed in your computer? :)

I keep getting spammed malware and my antivirus picks them up. I dont know why.....
I am not sure why this happened but I am sure these are false warnings. The methods I used to convert this into .exe, .jar files are standard ones mentioned in the documentation of Scratch. :)

I was able to view the preview.

Do you have Adobe Flash installed on your friend's computer?
Did you try the .exe, .jar files? Please tell me if you had any problems opening those files. :)

MarkFL

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 24, 2012
I did try downloading the .exe file, but encountered a log-in requesting my email address, and I admit I aborted. (Lipssealed)

Sudharaka

MHB Math Helper
Feb 5, 2012

MarkFL

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 24, 2012
I downloaded and ran the .exe file with no problems...good job, Sudharaka!

I like the randomness of the process, only when the bat touches the next letter in line does it move to its final place in the sequence! :cool:

Sudharaka

MHB Math Helper
Feb 5, 2012
I downloaded and ran the .exe file with no problems...good job, Sudharaka!

I like the randomness of the process, only when the bat touches the next letter in line does it move to its final place in the sequence! :cool:
Thank you for the confirmation. Yes, I wanted to make the process random and I learnt a lot from coding that animation. I don't think it's perfect and I am sure there are many more improvements that could be done, but happy the way it turned out in the end. :)

MarkFL

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 24, 2012
I remember from my days as a programmer that a program is truly never finished. (Smile)