Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

MHB Flyer

ZaidAlyafey

MHB Math Helper
Jan 17, 2013
It would have been awesome if the flyer reflected the unique look of the forum . I have to say it , it looks disappointing for me . I suggest a colored flyer that inherits some of the forum's colors. I was thinking about posting one at my university but I didn't because it will draw no attention!.

MarkFL

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 24, 2012
I am certain that if anyone had a design suggestion for an updated flyer, it would be considered if uploaded for review here.

ZaidAlyafey

MHB Math Helper
Jan 17, 2013
I am certain that if anyone had a design suggestion for an updated flyer, it would be considered if uploaded for review here.
I hope we can find a member who volunteers to design one for the forum.

Jameson

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
It would be very appreciated if someone who specializes in graphic design could make a custom flyer for us. Some things to keep in mind though about flyers is that:

1) It probably shouldn't use too much ink, especially color ink, as that might discourage others to print it
2) It needs to grab the eye somehow which is why "Free math help" is at the top of this one.

However, those two things said I completely agree the flyer is quite boring and would love to be able to offer more options. So if anything feels up for it let me know, otherwise I might try to hire someone to this in the near future.

Sudharaka

MHB Math Helper
Feb 5, 2012
Last edited:

ZaidAlyafey

MHB Math Helper
Jan 17, 2013
It would be very appreciated if someone who specializes in graphic design could make a custom flyer for us. Some things to keep in mind though about flyers is that:

1) It probably shouldn't use too much ink, especially color ink, as that might discourage others to print it
2) It needs to grab the eye somehow which is why "Free math help" is at the top of this one.

However, those two things said I completely agree the flyer is quite boring and would love to be able to offer more options. So if anything feels up for it let me know, otherwise I might try to hire someone to this in the near future.
I think disigning a colored and not colored flyer will be a good idea . The difference should not be great ,though .

Ackbach

Indicium Physicus
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
Hi everyone, :)

I designed a basic draft for a flyer. This might need many alterations and modifications, but please feel free to comment with your ideas. :)

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B2J1dQvpyUIxa2NxQmtGai16UTQ/edit?usp=sharing

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B2J1dQvpyUIxLUlEaHN2OUtVV2M/edit?usp=sharing
Might be a permissions issue with this flyer. Is the cartoon public domain? Or did you you get permission to reproduce it? I highly doubt the cartoonist would object, but we really should go through with the paperwork on this.

Sudharaka

MHB Math Helper
Feb 5, 2012
Might be a permissions issue with this flyer. Is the cartoon public domain? Or did you you get permission to reproduce it? I highly doubt the cartoonist would object, but we really should go through with the paperwork on this.
Nice point, I really didn't think about this when I designed it. But afterwards I asked about if from Randy Glasbergen the author of The Better Half. This is his reply.

Thank you for writing to me about my cartoons. It’s great to hear from you today!

Based on the information you sent, I would like to offer my cartoons for your flyer at $75 for a black and white or color version of the requested math cartoon, to be delivered by e-mail in high-resolution JPEG format.

HOW TO ORDER:

Check or money order in US funds: Randy Glasbergen, PO Box 797, Sherburne, NY 13460.

American Express, VISA, Discover or MasterCard: online @ https://www.glasbergen.com/secureorder.php

Pay Pal, please address payment to: randy@glasbergen.com

I would love to be a part of your flyer and look forward to hearing from you again soon!

Thank you,
Randy Randy Glasbergen,
Cartoonist E-mail: randy@glasbergen.com
Web: TODAYS CARTOON by Randy Glasbergen

Get a free copy of my 28 page guide called Smile Marketing. There is no charge or obligation and it gives you 5 great ways to use humor and cartoons to make more sales in any business. Download for FREE @ http://www.glasbergen.com/smile.pdf
So I guess it's not possible to add the cartoon to the flyer. I have deleted the two flyers until I redesign them. :)

Ackbach

Indicium Physicus
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
Nice point, I really didn't think about this when I designed it. But afterwards I asked about if from Randy Glasbergen the author of The Better Half. This is his reply.

So I guess it's not possible to add the cartoon to the flyer. I have deleted the two flyers until I redesign them. :)
A bit penny-pinching on his part, if you ask me, considering we're a completely free website for educational purposes. Ah, well.

Sudharaka

MHB Math Helper
Feb 5, 2012
A bit penny-pinching on his part, if you ask me, considering we're a completely free website for educational purposes. Ah, well.
Yeah, I emphasized in my email that we are a free math help site, but well that's how it goes. :p

Sudharaka

MHB Math Helper
Feb 5, 2012