Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

MHB: Change my username

• Banned

RTCNTC

Banned
Jan 31, 2017
Can someone show me how to change my username from RTCNTC to mathdad1965?

MarkFL

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 24, 2012
In vBulletin 4.2.x, by default, the only way to change a username is through the AdminCP, that is, only an administrator with permission to administrate users can change a username. I have developed and published a product that I still plan to update with more features that allows users to change their own username, but we do not have that installed here.

In the past, we have changed usernames for new users who made a mistake when entering the desired username during reigstration, but we tend not to want to change usernames for well established users. I participate on one forum where users are allowed to change their usernames once they've been a member for 90 days, and they do it with such frequency that I hardly know who is who from one day to another.

• Banned

RTCNTC

Banned
Jan 31, 2017
In vBulletin 4.2.x, by default, the only way to change a username is through the AdminCP, that is, only an administrator with permission to administrate users can change a username. I have developed and published a product that I still plan to update with more features that allows users to change their own username, but we do not have that installed here.

In the past, we have changed usernames for new users who made a mistake when entering the desired username during reigstration, but we tend not to want to change usernames for well established users. I participate on one forum where users are allowed to change their usernames once they've been a member for 90 days, and they do it with such frequency that I hardly know who is who from one day to another.
Are you saying that nothing can done for me?

MarkFL

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 24, 2012
What I'm saying is we don't generally want to change a user's username after they have become well established here, at least not for some reason other than just to change it. I hope you can see that it would be confusing to others if we begin changing them for anyone but new users.

• Banned

RTCNTC

Banned
Jan 31, 2017
What I'm saying is we don't generally want to change a user's username after they have become well established here, at least not for some reason other than just to change it. I hope you can see that it would be confusing to others if we begin changing them for anyone but new users.
In that case, I want you to check out my newest post in the Pre-algebra and Algebra forum. One of my nephews in grade 4 was given a question for homework about equivalent fractions. I think, in the problem, Josh is right. What do you say?

Jameson

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
I'm moving this thread to the Questions, Commends, and Feedback forum. As MarkFL said, username changes are done on a case-by-case basis so please PM me and MarkFL with your request, along with the reason for the change. I think this can be handled privately.