Deactivating Email Notifications for Thread Posts

• Thread starter Thomas
  • Start date
Thomas
Is there a way to de-activate the email notifications if somebody posts in your thread? I thought I disabled these in the 'Options' but I am still receiving them.

Physics news on Phys.org
When you post a thread there is a check box for email notification. It should be off by default though.

1. How do I turn off email notifications for thread posts?

To deactivate email notifications for thread posts, you can go to your account settings and look for the email notification preferences section. From there, you can select the option to turn off notifications for thread posts.

2. Will I still receive notifications for replies to my comments?

Yes, even if you have deactivated email notifications for thread posts, you will still receive notifications for replies to your comments. This setting only applies to notifications for new posts in a thread.

3. Can I choose which threads I want to receive email notifications for?

Unfortunately, there is currently no option to select specific threads for email notifications. It is an all or nothing setting, so if you deactivate email notifications for thread posts, you will not receive them for any thread.

4. How can I change my email notification preferences?

You can change your email notification preferences at any time by going to your account settings and selecting the email notification preferences section. From there, you can toggle the options on or off depending on your preferences.

5. If I deactivate email notifications for thread posts, will I still be able to see new posts in a thread?

Yes, deactivating email notifications for thread posts will not affect your ability to see new posts in a thread. You can still access and participate in the thread as usual. This setting only affects the email notifications you receive.