Method of succesive smoothing in triangular geomtery

• Thread starter mohammad hosseini
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Method Nodal
In summary, the method of successive smoothing in triangular geometry is a mathematical technique used to approximate a smooth surface by breaking it down into multiple triangles and smoothing out the vertices. It works by iteratively adjusting the height of the vertices based on their neighboring vertices. This method is commonly used in computer graphics and 3D modeling for creating terrain and surface models, as well as in GIS for digital elevation modeling and analysis. Its advantages include creating more accurate and visually appealing models, being relatively simple to implement, and handling large datasets efficiently. However, it may not accurately represent highly complex surfaces and can be sensitive to triangle size and shape. It also does not consider underlying geological features or processes.
mohammad hosseini
Dear all
I want to know a formula in order to calculate corner point flux using surface and volume averaged fluxes in triangular geometry.
I studied some papers from Finneman and et. al., but I could not find the necessary formula.
I have attached a file about my quastion.

Thank you

Attachments

• Geometry.pdf
    234.4 KB · Views: 246
Engineering news on Phys.org
I take it that one is attempting to model a fast reactor or VVER core, correct?

Yes
It is useful for development of a computational code in order to model the VVER reactors.

Related to Method of succesive smoothing in triangular geomtery

1. What is the method of successive smoothing in triangular geometry?

The method of successive smoothing in triangular geometry is a mathematical technique used to approximate a smooth surface, such as a terrain or a curved surface, by breaking it down into multiple triangles and smoothing out the vertices to create a more accurate representation.

2. How does the method of successive smoothing work?

The method of successive smoothing works by iteratively adjusting the height of the vertices of a triangular mesh based on their neighboring vertices, gradually reducing any abrupt changes in elevation to create a smoother surface.

3. What are the applications of the method of successive smoothing in triangular geometry?

The method of successive smoothing in triangular geometry is commonly used in computer graphics and 3D modeling to create realistic terrain and curved surface models. It is also used in geographic information systems (GIS) for digital elevation modeling and analysis.

4. What are the advantages of using the method of successive smoothing in triangular geometry?

The method of successive smoothing in triangular geometry allows for the creation of more accurate and visually appealing terrain and surface models compared to other methods. It also has the advantage of being relatively simple to implement and can handle large datasets efficiently.

5. Are there any limitations to the method of successive smoothing in triangular geometry?

While the method of successive smoothing is a useful tool, it does have some limitations. It may not accurately represent highly complex surfaces, and the results can be sensitive to the size and shape of the triangles used in the mesh. It also does not take into account any underlying geological features or processes that may affect the surface.