Commuter trains should have sleeping cabinets

• Thread starter Monique
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Trains
In summary, commuters trains do not have sleeping cabinets, which would make traveling easier. Polytickians should rebel against the government to gain power.
Monique
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Why don't commuters trains have sleeping cabinets.. I could really use them :frown: ofcourse I would wake up somewhere in white russia.. but at least I'd get my sleep

Physics news on Phys.org
Cos that would mean people would WANT to commute...which could be a bad thing for waiting times. And also that is a useful suggestion and the government doesn't do useful things. That's why we elect them. I love politics. :smile:

Not useful=government=surreal=pointless.
Coincidence?

Think of it this way 'Politics'

Poly = many
Ticks = blood sucking animals

Thats my outlook on it!

LOL!
Ya. I admire the way they can guess which hand is their left in only two tries!

Originally posted by photon
LOL!
Ya. I admire the way they can guess which hand is their left in only two tries!

LOL X3! Only two guesses? You must have smart politicians. Ours would weed their way out of answering and then put a tax on anyone who takes less than 3 guesses

And I thought there was a tax for being stupid!
What would it be like if Stephen Hawking were a polytickian?

Politicians and diapers must be changed often. And for the same reason.

Last edited:
?

Im sure it would be interesting... Stephen Hawking as the Prime Minister, Patrick Moore as the Deputy Prime Minister and Ed Whitten as the Chancellor...we'd be screwed! Super tax on everyone who's IQ was lower than the 3 politicians combined. (maybe it should be Stupor Tax).

Oh yeah, i get it now. S**T, my tax has just gone up (again!) LOL

Ya, it would be kind of nutty. But you know what they say, "Change is inevitable, except from vending machines."

There would be a change all right, just give me a sharp stick and i could overthrow the government and have a dictatorship...Well a sharp stick and an angry mob armed with blunt instruments. :wink:

A dictatorship ruled by who? What mob?
I like the pointy stick idea though.

But where would you hit them. If you beat them on the head they won't be hurt. You could decapitate them without doing much harm.

I dunno, you could lead an American Revolt and i could lead the British Revolt. The angry mob is always there, like extras on a film set, when they are needed, they will come. And I'm sure a little rabble rousing couldn't hurt to stir up an angry mob. DOWN WITH HAWIKING, MOORE, AND WHITTEN...AND THEIR INTELLIGENT REGIME!

Great idea! And after I'm ruler, I will give you the special rank of Peasant. Just kiddin'. We'll both overthrow the U.K, then all of Europe, then the whole world! Just like you said, the angry mobs are always there, whether for us or against us.
You know, I'm surprised no one else has had the brains to come up with such a plan.

They are too busy getting thumped by the Stupor Tax, whereas we have rised above that. And in their Smartness, the government will have overlooked the possibility of a stealth rebellion as they would be too arrogant to expect it, HAH! this gets better...wait they are all physicists, it probably wouldn't be wise to discuss it here...not that they suspect anything..

A secret rebellion?!? That's almost as bad as a secret publicity stunt!
We'll take the world with an iron fist. Steel is our friend in this game. Wait, something just came to me, an ASSASSIN. Once the polyticks are gone, we can rule then be assassinated like all those other cool history dead guys. That was sarcasm by the way.

The real trick to this game is to get someone very unintelligent on the throne while we advise him. Even without being rulers we could have autocratic power! If anyone got assassinated, it would be the dork that needs a map to find his way down a hallway. See the good that comes from human puppets?

Probably because a person lying down takes up more plan area than a person standing up, or seated. As the bottom line is profitability, they want to cram as many sheep (us) as possible into the train to sell the most tickets.

I've also nodded off and slept past my station. Not nice. I'd rather just get home early and get more sleep on my bed instead...wouldn't have to worry about the cleanliness of the sheets!

I used to sleep on the train every day on the way to school. It was a 45 minute trip. I always woke up as the train stopped at my station. "Woke up" is a bit of an exaggeration. Sometimes I found myself walking across campus with no idea how I got there, but always on the right path to class.

Njorl

Originally posted by Njorl
I used to sleep on the train every day on the way to school. It was a 45 minute trip. I always woke up as the train stopped at my station. "Woke up" is a bit of an exaggeration. Sometimes I found myself walking across campus with no idea how I got there, but always on the right path to class.

Njorl
lol, sounds familiar, for me: after taking the train home I still have to cycle for 15-20 minutes, the past weeks I've been sleeping so deep that my brain is all groggy when I wake up at the station and have a hard time getting on my cycle :P

Originally posted by Njorl

Njorl

You've got to teach me how to do that, mate [zz)]

My last job had a 90 min commute to work .

Originally posted by Tyro
My last job had a 90 min commute to work .
Me too, in the mornings, evenings are usually 120 minutes.. the problem is that Amsterdam is probably (surely) THE worst city to find student housing.. and I am not making a dime at the moment so financing would be a problem too to say the least

An hour to two hour commute to work? wow. Here my friends think me traveling 30 minutes to work/school is long enough. I love this country.

hey hey Photon, looks like we've got ourselves some downtrodden masses!

Care to join a rebellion against the evil politicians (Steven Hawking, Patrick Moore and Ed Whitten) who force you to commute and trudge to work to downtred you even more? You get a free t-shirt!

1. Why should commuter trains have sleeping cabinets?

Commuter trains should have sleeping cabinets to provide a comfortable and convenient way for passengers to rest during long journeys. This can improve the overall travel experience and make it easier for people to commute long distances.

2. How would sleeping cabinets benefit commuters?

Sleeping cabinets would benefit commuters by allowing them to rest and sleep during their journey, making it easier to manage long commutes and reducing fatigue and stress. This can also help improve productivity and overall well-being.

3. Will sleeping cabinets increase the cost of train tickets?

The cost of train tickets may increase slightly to cover the installation and maintenance of sleeping cabinets, but the added comfort and convenience may be worth it for many commuters. Additionally, some train companies may offer different pricing options to accommodate different budgets.

4. Are there any safety concerns with sleeping cabinets on commuter trains?

Sleeping cabinets on commuter trains would be designed and installed with safety regulations in mind. They would also be monitored by train staff to ensure the safety of passengers. Additionally, passengers would need to follow safety instructions when using the sleeping cabinets.

5. Would sleeping cabinets be available on all commuter trains?

It would depend on the train company and the routes they operate. Some companies may choose to only offer sleeping cabinets on longer journeys, while others may have them on all their commuter trains. It would also depend on the demand and feasibility of installing sleeping cabinets on certain trains.