If there was a lot of proffiteering post 9/11

• News
  • Thread starter amp
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation touches on various topics such as political corruption, compulsory voting, and conspiracy theories surrounding the September 11 attacks. The main focus, however, is on the profit-driven motives behind the US involvement in the Middle East, particularly in regards to oil and the war on terrorism. The conversation also mentions the suspicious stock market activity prior to 9/11 and the potential involvement of government officials in allowing the attacks to happen.
amp
where did the money go and who reaped it?
:rolleyes:
This may help:

http://www.fromthewilderness.com/free/ww3/032504_cui_bono.html

Physics news on Phys.org
Thats Disgusting

If I was an American citizen, I'd be outraged.
Since I'm not, I say unquestioning Americans deserve to be ripped-off by their elected officials, and their bedfellows, big-business.

I mean where do politicans go after retirement from the Admin?
Straight into a cushy Corporate Board Poisition.

Personally I think the best thing the USA could do for itself is introduce compulsory voting, as we have here. Not that it stops our government screwing us over every way they can, but at least there is a small chance the Australian people will some day wake up and realize they have the capacity to end the two party system.

A conspiracy theory website tells us what of value?

Attacking the source, eh russ? What about the material itself?

Adam said:
Attacking the source, eh russ? What about the material itself?

Some news paper - Recent reports from Mars says that a purple elephant is headed towards the sun. This elephant will block out the sun, causing an ELE (extinction level event). Some unnamed citizen speculates that this is a zionist conspiracy to attack muslims via a pacaderm!

In other news, this article has as much credibility as the original posting, unless you believe that I, a lowly internet guy, can do better fact finding than all the newspaper of the world put together (including those that have a real reason to TRY to authenticate my article).

5) Eurasian Oil & Gas/Afghanistan & Iraq War & Occupation
The 9-11 response has been used to justify increased military, political and covert support to ensure that American and European oil interests are protected in the Middle East and worldwide.

As part of the 9-11 response, the US has invaded and occupied two sovereign nations and, in the process, increased war profiteering, narcotics trafficking and organized crime flows in these areas.

Of particular concern is the necessity that the draft will be re-instituted after the Presidential election and global invasions will continue to subsidize the war profiteering business model.

This model is essentially one in which government pays all the expenses, the citizens give their lands, lives and limbs, and the economic benefits and private booty flow to a handful of private parties and their investors. When viewed by age group, it is a war on the young by the old.
that part seems to be common sense. Hey, I remember 9/11/01, and there was a lot of short-selling of the stocks of the companies that occupied the WTC towers. It was reported shortly after the attacks, apparently by Saudi investors.

Still going with the fallacies.
http://www.nizkor.org/features/fallacies/appeal-to-ridicule.html

Russ is just trying to...

get this thread locked. He has no rebuttals because even the mainstream media carried the story about the put options and the selling short. On another note (I will soon start the thread). The man that knew to much FBI agent John O'Neil was assigned to the WTC shortly before the attack. Conspiricy Theorist might think it strange that someone who knew what was going on, wasn't paid any attention and when he attempted to let so called responsible people know what he had found they marginalized him then placed him in harms way almost as if they knew what was to shortly happen. Adding to that, unasked questions that the 911 members should have asked Ashcroft 'Why were you warned not to use major airlines for travel around 911?' 'Who warned you?' 'Due to the warning, why wasn't the threat level increased or activity implemented to discover what was going on?'

1. What is proffiteering?

Proffiteering refers to the act of making excessive profits, often through unethical or illegal means.

2. How did 9/11 impact proffiteering?

The events of 9/11 created a climate of fear and uncertainty, leading to opportunities for individuals and companies to exploit the situation for financial gain.

3. What types of proffiteering occurred after 9/11?

There were several types of proffiteering that occurred after 9/11, including price gouging, fraud, and insider trading.

4. Who was responsible for the proffiteering post 9/11?

There were various individuals and companies responsible for proffiteering post 9/11, including government contractors, financial institutions, and individuals with inside knowledge.

5. What measures were taken to prevent proffiteering after 9/11?

In response to the proffiteering that occurred after 9/11, the US government implemented stricter regulations and penalties for unethical and illegal practices. Additionally, there have been efforts to increase transparency and oversight in industries that were most affected by proffiteering.