Have You Ever Experienced Precognition?

• Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date
In summary: I voted for Bigfoot and Lake Monsters because if these do exist the likelihood of con-crete evidence one day being found is far greater than formost of the other things.Not included in the list, butalso important, is a new, un-expected source of energy, thatis so easy to tap into it mightas well be perpetual motion.(i.e. being able to tap energyout of rest mass like beer froma keg.)Interesting that at least one person believes in God but no afterlife.

What do you believe? Multiple choices allowed

• God or a Deity

Votes: 21 55.3%
  • An afterlife in any sense including reincarnation

Votes: 16 42.1%
  • Ghosts, spirits, poltergeists, changeling or similar

Votes: 12 31.6%
  • Angels: e.g. Seraphim, Orphanim, Cherubim

Votes: 13 34.2%
  • Demons, devils, evil spirits, demonic possessions

Votes: 13 34.2%
  • ET

Votes: 27 71.1%
  • Bigfoot, Yeti, Sasquatch, Abominable Snowman

Votes: 11 28.9%
  • Loch Ness or other unidentified lake creatures

Votes: 8 21.1%
  • ESP, telekinesis, precognition, remote viewing

Votes: 19 50.0%
  • Transdimensional beings,

Votes: 11 28.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Vote for the things that you think exist, are true, or can be done. Please consider all choices and/or options. Please select if any option applies. Multiple choices allowed.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
I voted all of them because I have no proof that they don't exist.
We can prove something if it does exist.
We can also prove something if it doesn't exist right? We should.[?]

Originally posted by Dal
I voted all of them because I have no proof that they don't exist.
We can prove something if it does exist.
We can also prove something if it doesn't exist right? We should.[?]

Really no. We could find that these things do exist, but we can never prove that they don't. A negative can never be proven. This is a fundamental truth of logic.

Hahaha...My logic crumbled. [b(]

Originally posted by Dal
Hahaha...My logic crumbled. [b(]

In the true spirit of physics, your theory was not wrong. It just needed some modification.

I have to vote for Bigfoot and Lake Monsters because if these
do exist the likelihood of con-
crete evidence one day being
found is far greater than for
most of the other things.

Not included in the list, but
also important, is a new, un-
expected source of energy, that
is so easy to tap into it might
as well be perpetual motion.
(i.e. being able to tap energy
out of rest mass like beer from
a keg.)

I don't think it's true that things can't be said to not exist. For example, I'm not an @$$hole is an outright lie. It's not important if things exist or not if people don't really give a damn. What would you do if I said there were serial killer furbies running around? Might as well say I'm nuts and everything I say is a lie but when they take over the world you'll see how little people would be amazed by a bigfoot, who by the way is a lost Biaviian pet, not the original =(.

I'll drink to that!

Interesting that at least one person believes in God but no afterlife.[?]

WOW. God and ET tie for first place? Should I expect a different result in the religious section?

To the surprise of many I'm sure, I answered yes to all but the second and third from the end (though I'm not exactly sure what "transdimensional" means).

Originally posted by russ_watters
To the surprise of many I'm sure, I answered yes to all but the second and third from the end (though I'm not exactly sure what "transdimensional" means).

WOW! A brother in the myst.

I don't know what "transdimensional" means either. I assume this refers to things like parallel universes i.e. The Many Worlds theory, and hidden dimensions as in a 12 dimensional hypersurface - ie pre Big Bang.

Last edited:
Let's see...

God: Only for the sakes of constructing profanity. :wink:
Afterlife: When I am realistic, no.
Ghosts: In the common, non-quantum sense, no.
Angels: Not unless they are Charlie's. (tm)
Demon: Only as mental constructs.
ET: Yes, but not of the little gray variety that pop round for a little social abducting.
Bigfoot: Only of my dad. Probably some ape out there, but probably doesn't look like a man in a suit.
Loch Ness: Well, obviously we don't know ALL the animals that live in lakes. But I think the real ULOs (Unidentified lake object) have lower tourist values.
ESP: Nope, no evidence. Magnetic field effects, yes though.
Transdimensional: Yes, but not in the shiny exhalted master sense.

Originally posted by FZ+
ET: Yes, but not of the little gray variety that pop round for a little social abducting.

I assume then that you believe in the little green kind?

Originally posted by Ivan Seeking
Really no. We could find that these things do exist, but we can never prove that they don't. A negative can never be proven. This is a fundamental truth of logic.

No offense but for someone who constantly posts in this forum I wouldn't take to hear your comments on logic.

Especially since logic can most certainly disprove the existence of something. In fact the methods for disproving existence are a fundamental truth of logic.

So you're sorely mistaken. Where did you receive this "education" in logic?

Originally posted by BiologyForums
No offense but for someone who constantly posts in this forum I wouldn't take to hear your comments on logic.

Especially since logic can most certainly disprove the existence of something. In fact the methods for disproving existence are a fundamental truth of logic.

So you're sorely mistaken. Where did you receive this "education" in logic?

Could you give an example?

Lets run this one around again. New members?

Can't prove a negitive? I'm sure glad one of you caught that!
I only voted for E.T.. I was raised Baptist but am now creationalist.
Only a "God" could provide,in some way, the energy needed to create everything we see today. If there is no "God" then only Quantum physics provides an explanation.
I believe "God", persay, is into physics. Seeking this answer is analogis to asking "What is North of North?" Perhaps God owns a "Star Ship."

Wow, ET leads God by one.

Wow, ET leads God by one.

Must resist making patronising statement.
Must resist making patronising statement...

Originally posted by FZ+
Must resist making patronising statement...

Does this somehow infringe on your belief in transdimensional beings?

around we go again

I voted for ET. I believe that in this enormous universe there must be some form of life other than terrestrial. It's more difficult for me to believe that the only types of life forms anywhere ONLY exist on this tiny planet.

It is also possible that there is some unidentified species in one of the larger lakes, not saying it's going to be something as large as the reported sightings in Loch Ness or Lake Champlain. We're still finding new species in the rain forests.

God or a Deity
No.

An afterlife in any sense including reincarnation
No.

Ghosts, spirits, poltergeists, changeling or similar
No.

Angels: e.g. Seraphim, Orphanim, Cherubim
No.

Demons, devils, evil spirits, demonic possessions
No.

ET
Yes.

Bigfoot, Yeti, Sasquatch, Abominable Snowman
No. Funny thing about the Yeti of Nepal: The word "Yeti" is actually a regional dialect for the word "meti", meaning "bear". The Abominable Snowman is actually the endangered Himalayan Brown Bear (Ursus Arctos). Talk about an "Oops! My Bad!" that lasted for 65 years, you'd think they'd a double check the translation for "Yeti" every now and again...

Loch Ness or other unidentified lake creatures
No. Its already been debunked.

ESP, telekinesis, precognition, remote viewing
No.

Transdimensional beings
No.

To quote a wise man...

To make everything clear to all, I do not believe in any deities, ghosts, angels, demons, devils, goblins, banshees, Hell or Heaven, Purgatory, saints, imps, sprites, fairies, gnomes, bunyips, or bogey men. In that short list I've missed a lot of other things of which I doubt the existence, as I'm sure you can see. Add on Life-After-Death, Sylvia Browne, and perpetual motion. (Yes, I believe Sylvia exists, but not as she represents herself.) Note that I state I do not have a belief in these things, and the reason is that the supporting evidence offered for them — if any — is very, very, bad.

E.T.: yes,I do believe there are "(other)" intelligent beings out there in this vast cosmos "(except ourselves)". Billions and billions of stars only for humanity? Sure man can reach for the stars but...

ESP, telekinesis,..: evidence suggests otherwise (good read: 'Beyond Star Trek: Physics from Alien Invasions to the End of Time.'-Lawrence M. Krauss)

All the rest is rubbish, made up by man out of fear or ...

The poll is a bit ambiguous in my opinion. The Thread title starts with "What do you believe is possible," but the poll title is "what do you believe?"

When I think of what's possible, of course each are possible, but most are highly improbable. I picked the "ET" choice, since that one seems to have the highest probability.

Belief is a word that isn't far off from faith, devotion and hope, however, and each of those poll choices have their share (some more than their share!) of believers that go over the top, including my ET choice. I don't share the extended belief of ET visitation of many New Agers and UFO-devotees, though... I'll leave it at "the possibility of extraterrestrial life." Be it bacteria on Europa or advanced civilizations in distant galaxies.

The mathmatical probabilities seem demonstrable for ET, but the remainder of the choices lack any supporting data.

Originally posted by SkinWalker
The poll is a bit ambiguous in my opinion. The Thread title starts with "What do you believe is possible," but the poll title is "what do you believe?"

Thanks. I never noticed. :smile:

Hello new members!

Do
Vote
Loop until votes=1000

ET pretty much covers all the basses I "believe".

precognition

I'm not joking when I say this. I've experienced precognition a few times. It happened a few months before I was in the hospital, and I personally believe that it is at least one cause of the feeling of deja vu. As such, I personally believe that it is much more commonplace than most people might think.