Back Dating Windows: How to Erase Date History and Extend Software Demo License

• Thread starter Saint
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Windows
In summary, the conversation discusses the possibility of backdating a computer's operating system in order to extend a software's demo license. However, this is not a recommended practice due to legal implications and the fact that it may no longer work. Instead, it is suggested to consider purchasing the full version of the software for access to more features.
Saint
I have a software which demo license expires on 15,FEB,2003.
If you back date windows, it can know it and can not run.
I believe there must be a file somewhere that stores the date history of my OS.
So, how can I find this file and erase its data ?

Computer science news on Phys.org
I'm sorry, but even of it was possible legallly we can't tell you. We don't want microsoft or whoever taking legal action of PF, do we? Discuss it elsewhere please...

that trick worked years ago, but not anymore. I'm not really sure what mechanisms are behind it, and like FZ said, discussion of that nature is not a good thing to have in a public forum.

Really though, computer software is sometimes reasonably priced. You should probably look into purchasing the full version. It usually includes more features then a demo version.

1. Can I back date my Windows operating system?

Yes, it is possible to back date your Windows operating system. However, it is not recommended as it can cause compatibility issues and make your system vulnerable to security threats.

2. How do I erase date history on my computer?

To erase date history on your computer, you can use a disk cleanup tool or manually delete browsing history, temporary files, and cookies. It is also important to regularly clear your recycle bin and empty your trash bin.

3. Is it legal to back date software demo licenses?

No, it is not legal to back date software demo licenses. This is considered as software piracy and can result in legal consequences.

4. Can I extend a software demo license by back dating?

No, extending a software demo license by back dating is not a legitimate way to extend the license. It is important to follow the terms and conditions set by the software provider.

5. Are there any alternatives to back dating for extending software demo licenses?

Yes, there are alternative ways to extend software demo licenses such as purchasing a full license or requesting an extension from the software provider. Some software may also offer free trials or limited versions that do not require a license.