Who are the Super 400 and why are they compared to Zep and the Dead?

• Thread starter damgo
  • Start date
In summary, the Super 400 is a Chicago-based rock band known for their high-energy performances and dynamic sound. They have been compared to iconic bands such as Led Zeppelin and The Grateful Dead due to their musical versatility and ability to blend different genres, from blues to hard rock. The band consists of three members: Kenny Soule on drums, Lori Anthony on bass, and Scott Anderson on guitar and vocals. They have gained a loyal fan base and critical acclaim for their powerful live shows and impressive musicianship.
damgo
I listened to these guys, and they're actually pretty good! Though at times I could have sworn I was listening to Zep or the Dead. Good jamming. :smile:

http://www.super400.com/index.shtml [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
You must have listened to High Hopes and One 1000, then.
It's even better live--I see them every chance I get. I have 8 shows on CD, plus the album. It was out on Island records in 1998, but that label went under, and now they're looking for another one for the next album, whose songs really kick ass.

The Super 400 is a blues-rock band from Albany, New York. They gained popularity in the early 2000s and have been compared to legendary bands such as Led Zeppelin and the Grateful Dead due to their similar style and sound.

Like Zeppelin and the Dead, the Super 400 is known for their impressive guitar skills and jamming abilities. They incorporate elements of blues, rock, and psychedelia into their music, creating a unique and dynamic sound that is reminiscent of the iconic bands of the 60s and 70s.

The comparison to Zeppelin and the Dead is a testament to the Super 400's musical talent and the impact they have made in the music industry. It also speaks to their ability to capture the essence of classic rock while still maintaining their own distinct sound.

It's great to hear that you enjoyed their music and noticed the similarities to Zeppelin and the Dead. The Super 400 is a talented and underrated band that deserves recognition for their contributions to the rock genre. Keep on jamming to their music!

1. Who are the Super 400?

The Super 400 is a rock band that formed in Troy, New York in 1996. The band consists of three members: Lori Friday (vocals and guitar), Kenny Hohman (bass guitar), and Joe Daley (drums). The band's name comes from the number of live shows they performed in their first year together.

2. What genre of music do the Super 400 play?

The Super 400's music is often described as a blend of hard rock, blues, and psychedelia. They have been compared to bands like Led Zeppelin and the Grateful Dead for their musical style and improvisational live performances.

3. Why are the Super 400 compared to Led Zeppelin and the Grateful Dead?

The Super 400's music is heavily influenced by classic rock bands like Led Zeppelin and the Grateful Dead. They incorporate elements of blues and psychedelia into their sound, and their live performances often feature extended improvisations, similar to those of the Dead and other jam bands.

4. How did the Super 400 gain popularity?

The Super 400 gained popularity through their energetic live performances and their unique blend of rock, blues, and psychedelia. They have also received critical acclaim for their studio albums and have toured with bands like Cheap Trick and Deep Purple.

5. Are the Super 400 still active?

Yes, the Super 400 is still active and continues to perform live shows. They have released several albums since their formation in 1996 and have a dedicated fan base. They also continue to tour and collaborate with other musicians, keeping their music fresh and evolving.