MCQ Question related to trajectory of two projectiles

In summary, the trajectory of two projectiles is shown in the figure. T1 and T2 are the time periods and U1 and U2 are the speeds of projection. The correct options are A and D because uSin(theta) is the vertical component of the projectile velocity and using the law of energy conservation, it can be determined that T2 > T1 and U1 < U2.
dahano

Homework Statement

:
The trajectort of two projectiles are shown in the figure. Let T1 & T2 be the rime periods and U1 and U2 be their speeds of projection. Then(state the answer with REASON):

A) T2 > T1
B) T1 = T2
C) U1 > U2
D) U1 < U2

image.png
[/B]

(MAYBE, MORE THAN ONE CORRECT)

Homework Equations

: 2D Motion/kinematics.[/B]

The Attempt at a Solution

: I feel that the option A & D should be correct but I'm not quite sure and neither I've a proper reason for it. btw, I've used "2uSin(theta)/g" to figure out that A & D are the answer but I'm not sure.[/B]

Physics news on Phys.org
dahano said:
I feel that the option A & D should be correct but I'm not quite sure and neither I've a proper reason for it. btw, I've used "2uSin(theta)/g" to figure out that A & D are the answer but I'm not sure.

What makes you feel this ?

Qwertywerty said:
What makes you feel this ?
I used "2uSin(theta)/g" but the values that I put for "u" were like u2 > u1. And this is why I'm not sure of my answer and I doubt that it may be wrong.

dahano said:
I used "2uSin(theta)/g" but the values that I put for "u" were like u2 > u1. And this is why I'm not sure of my answer and I doubt that it may be wrong.

What relation do you get from H1 = H2 ?

what does that expression tell us? uSin(theta) is simply the vertical component of the projectile velocity, so you might want to just focus on this fact and consider using the law of energy conservation to tackle the problem.

Related to MCQ Question related to trajectory of two projectiles

1) What is the definition of trajectory?

Trajectory refers to the path followed by an object as it moves through space, under the influence of external forces such as gravity or air resistance.

2) How is the trajectory of a projectile affected by its initial velocity?

The initial velocity of a projectile determines the direction and speed at which it travels, and thus plays a crucial role in determining its trajectory. A higher initial velocity will result in a longer and flatter trajectory, while a lower initial velocity will result in a shorter and steeper trajectory.

3) How does the angle of projection affect the trajectory of a projectile?

The angle of projection, also known as the launch angle, has a significant impact on the trajectory of a projectile. The trajectory will be longest and flattest when the angle of projection is 45 degrees, and will decrease in length and steepness as the angle deviates from 45 degrees.

4) What is the difference between the trajectories of two projectiles launched at the same time with different initial velocities?

The main difference between the trajectories of two projectiles launched at the same time with different initial velocities is the shape of the path. The projectile with a higher initial velocity will have a longer and flatter trajectory, while the one with a lower initial velocity will have a shorter and steeper trajectory.

5) How does air resistance affect the trajectory of a projectile?

Air resistance, also known as drag, can significantly affect the trajectory of a projectile. It acts in the opposite direction of the projectile's motion and can slow it down, causing the trajectory to be shorter and steeper than expected. The effect of air resistance can be minimized by increasing the initial velocity of the projectile.