The Birthday present of a life time.

• Thread starter Integral
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Life Time
In summary: So, today is the author's birthday, and they just received a call from their son informing them that they will potentially become a grandfather today. The author jokes about their ideal birthday present involving an 18-year-old girl and frosting, and other members congratulate and joke with the author about their potential grandchild being a future Physicsforums member. The author confirms that they have indeed become a grandfather and jokes about needing to be put out of their misery in 18 years if they are still posting on the forums. In summary, the author has received news about potentially becoming a grandfather and jokes about their ideal birthday present while other members congratulate and joke with them.
Integral
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
As any who can read the bottom of the Physicsforums home page can tell, today (Sunday 29 Jun) is my birthday.
I just received a call from my son in Pittsburgh. If all goes well, today I will become a grandfather!

What a birthday present!

Physics news on Phys.org
That's great! Congratulations!

However, in my opinion, the birthday present of a live time involves an 18 year old girl and a whole bunch of frosting.

eNtRopY

happy birthday! i know a lot of people with the june 29th birthday...

Originally posted by eNtRopY

However, in my opinion, the birthday present of a live time involves an 18 year old girl and a whole bunch of frosting.

eNtRopY

he can get that next year

Cangrats, Integral!

Originally posted by eNtRopY

eNtRopY

LOL,
Humm... could we make that some frosting and a whole bunch of 18 yr old girls?

Seems like a sticky topic to me, I'll have to talk to my wife about it!

Congrats Integral ! :smile:
Hope your granchild/ren will be good future PF member/s !

Originally posted by drag
Congrats Integral ! :smile:
Hope your granchild/ren will be good future PF member/s !

That'd be cool! So far I have not any luck getting my sons to contribute, I'll keep trying!

well, did you become a grandfather??

Rumor has it, yes! A 9lb boy. I have not yet heard it from my son, but did from my brother! He called to congratulate me, was amazed to learn that he had the news before I did.

Originally posted by Integral
Rumor has it, yes! A 9lb boy. I have not yet heard it from my son, but did from my brother! He called to congratulate me, was amazed to learn that he had the news before I did.

Congratulations.

Make sure he makes friends with lots of girls to keep us amused in 18 years time.

Originally posted by plus
Congratulations.

Make sure he makes friends with lots of girls to keep us amused in 18 years time.

If I'm still posting on these boards in 18 years, all of you have permission to put me out of my misery.

eNtRopY

1. What is "The Birthday present of a life time"?

"The Birthday present of a life time" is a hypothetical concept that refers to the ultimate gift or experience that one could receive on their birthday. It is often used to describe something that is extremely meaningful, memorable, and special.

2. How do I choose the perfect birthday present of a life time?

Choosing the perfect birthday present of a life time depends on the individual's interests, preferences, and goals. Consider their hobbies, passions, and dreams to come up with a gift or experience that will truly make their birthday unforgettable.

3. Is "The Birthday present of a life time" different for everyone?

Yes, "The Birthday present of a life time" is different for everyone. Each person has unique desires and aspirations, so their ideal gift or experience will also be different. It is important to personalize the present to make it truly meaningful for the individual.

4. Can "The Birthday present of a life time" be something materialistic?

"The Birthday present of a life time" does not have to be something materialistic. It can be a memorable experience, such as a trip, adventure, or special event. It can also be a meaningful gesture or act of kindness that holds a lot of sentimental value for the recipient.

5. Is "The Birthday present of a life time" limited to a certain budget?

No, "The Birthday present of a life time" is not limited to a certain budget. It is more about the thought and effort put into the gift rather than the monetary value. However, it is important to consider the individual's financial situation and not overspend on a present that may cause financial strain.