Who is Zwan and Why are They a New Band?

• Thread starter eNtRopY
  • Start date
In summary, the lead singer of the Smashing Pumpkins, Billy Corgan, has a new band called Zwan which formed last year after the breakup of SP. While some may argue that Zwan is decent, others believe that the Smashing Pumpkins were better. The band's bassist, Paz, was previously a member of A Perfect Circle and is considered attractive by some.
eNtRopY
Uhhh... so (the) Smashing Pumpkins is now Zwan?
Why are they a new band?!
Why are they hippies?!

eNtRopY

Physics news on Phys.org
SP broke up and the lead singer (somehow forgot his name) has a new band that got together last year, which is Zwan. They're pretty good.

If by they're pretty good you mean they totally suck, then I would have to agree with you.

eNtRopY

Originally posted by Greg Bernhardt
SP broke up and the lead singer (somehow forgot his name) has a new band that got together last year, which is Zwan. They're pretty good.

billy corgan!

and they're decent, smashing pumpkins was better.

ever since billy corgan started shaving his head, he looks like a qtip to me. I've never liked s.p. so it follows that i don't like zwan. although, their bassist (paz, who originally was the bassist for a perfect circle) is quite the hottie.

1. What is Zwan?

Zwan is a rock band formed by Billy Corgan, the lead singer of the Smashing Pumpkins, in 2001. It was active for only a few years before disbanding in 2003.

2. How did Zwan come to be?

After the Smashing Pumpkins disbanded in 2000, Billy Corgan formed Zwan with other musicians, including former Pumpkins drummer Jimmy Chamberlin. They released one studio album, "Mary Star of the Sea", in 2003.

3. What genre is Zwan's music?

Zwan's music is often described as alternative rock, with elements of psychedelic rock, folk, and indie rock.

4. What are some popular Zwan songs?

Some of Zwan's most popular songs include "Honestly", "Lyric", and "Settle Down". They also released a cover of "Number of the Beast" by Iron Maiden.

5. Why did Zwan disband?

The exact reasons for Zwan's breakup are not clear, but it is believed that creative differences and personal conflicts among the band members played a role. Billy Corgan has stated that the band's breakup was due to "a lack of vision, a lack of purpose".