Maximize City Kid Earnings: Peas & Carrots

• MHB
  • Thread starter zarahzehri01
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Optimization
In summary, the city kid with a 12x5 inch windowsill wants to make the most money by planting peas, which require a 1x4 space and make $15, and carrots, which require a 1x5 space and make $50. They can make 15 sets of peas and 12 sets of carrots if they use the whole space. To maximize profits, they should only plant carrots and not exceed the restrictions of x+y ≤ 60, x≤15, and y≤12.
zarahzehri01
I am a city kid with a windowsill with the dimensions 12x5 inches. I have peas which require a 1x4 space and make me 15 dollars, and carrots which require 1x5 space and make me 50. I can only make 15 sets of peas if I were to use the whole space, and 12 sets of carrots if I were to use the whole space for carrots. How would I make the most amount of money? I think I have to use graphing and I know the restrictions are x+y ≤ 60 (60 slots available), and x≤15 (peas) and y≤12 (carrots).

Mathematics news on Phys.org
this is all I have done

zarahzehri01 said:
I am a city kid with a windowsill with the dimensions 12x5 inches. I have peas which require a 1x4 space and make me 15 dollars, and carrots which require 1x5 space and make me 50. I can only make 15 sets of peas if I were to use the whole space, and 12 sets of carrots if I were to use the whole space for carrots. How would I make the most amount of money? I think I have to use graphing and I know the restrictions are x+y ≤ 60 (60 slots available), and x≤15 (peas) and y≤12 (carrots).

Hi zarahzehri01! Welcome to MHB! (Smile)

If we use all available space for peas, we'd make $15 \times \$15 = \$225$.
And if we use all available space for carrots, we'd make $12 \times \$50 = \$600$.
So if we can, we should put only carrots in the windowsill.
Can we?

Related to Maximize City Kid Earnings: Peas & Carrots

1. What is "Maximize City Kid Earnings: Peas & Carrots"?

"Maximize City Kid Earnings: Peas & Carrots" is a computer simulation game that allows players to manage and grow a city farm by growing and selling peas and carrots.

2. How does the game work?

In the game, players start with a small plot of land and a limited amount of resources. They can plant and harvest peas and carrots, sell them at the market, and use the earnings to expand their farm and increase their production. The goal is to maximize profits and build the most successful city farm.

3. Is there a time limit in the game?

No, there is no time limit in "Maximize City Kid Earnings: Peas & Carrots". Players can take their time and strategize to build the most efficient and profitable farm.

4. Can players customize their farm?

Yes, players can choose the layout of their farm and decide which crops to plant and how to expand their production. They can also purchase different types of equipment and upgrades to improve their farm's efficiency.

5. Is "Maximize City Kid Earnings: Peas & Carrots" educational?

Yes, the game incorporates elements of economics, resource management, and critical thinking, making it an educational tool for players to learn about these concepts while having fun.