Frenchmen Have the Spines of Escargot?

• News
  • Thread starter eNtRopY
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discussed the French government's stance on war and their willingness to profit from it. While initially not supporting the war in Iraq, the French government has no problem with benefiting economically from it. However, it was pointed out that France has a history of participating in wars when it benefits their own economic interests. The conversation also touched on name-calling and the hypocrisy of politicians, highlighting the unity of mankind in this aspect.
Originally posted by Zero
Are you admitting that what the U.S. does is wrong? Do you dare?
I don't seriously have to respond to that, do I Zero? You're not paying enough attention if you need to speculate there. I have been quite explicit on this point.

the Us the only ones getting chastised? were have you been, there has been France bashing all over the place
France bashing by WHOM? The international community? I think not. We're certainly bashing France from within the US, but outside the US, virtually all of the bashing is focused on the US. WHY?

Physics news on Phys.org
Originally posted by russ_watters
I don't seriously have to respond to that, do I Zero? You're not paying enough attention if you need to speculate there. I have been quite explicit on this point.

France bashing by WHOM? The international community? I think not. We're certainly bashing France from within the US, but outside the US, virtually all of the bashing is focused on the US. WHY?

I just wanted to hear you say it again.

Originally posted by russ_watters

well most people are too concerned with America bombing the piss out of people right now to mess with that, but France gets their share of resentment in foreign lands as well.

Originally posted by kat
No..I'm fairly sure France stated that they would veto any resolution that might open the way to war whether Iraq cooperated with inspections or not. This evasion of consequences that France has continued to support for Saddam was not the agreement that everyone agreed to as far as I'm concerned.

France did not support an evasion of consequences, they did NOT support anything that included Automatic right to war.

I suspect that they, not unlike a lot of other people, wanted to look for an alternative pathway, alternate to War as solution.

Lets see, US bashing, why?? because the US is the loudest nation on the planet, always singing/praising themselves, and telling all of the rest of us peoples of the world that none of us have anything nearly as good as all of the citizens of the US have.

That has a tendency to get people to respond as it is, simply noted, that the people saying this are from within the US and probably do not know all that much about the rest of the World, how it works, how we too have *Freedoms*, *Rights*, *Liberties*, just under different titles, *Liberte*, *Les Droits*, stuff like that.

That is one of the sources of the reasons for US 'bashing', cause you seem to think that only the US is the best in the World, even though Canada was voted best place to live on the face of the planet three times in a row!

BTW, Canada has it's problems too, don't be fooled, just ask me, as I am one, here in Canada, who tried to get the Prime Minister arrested for theft!

We have other problems too, just like all the rest of the countries, but one of those problems is the US trying to set Canadian policy, so you could figure out why we would tend to bash...The legalization of Marijuana is just one example of that type of American move, Bush is against it, so apparently, according to a very Brave Canadian Senator, we aren't doing it,...just yet...

ya they were basically just standing behind the old idea of "bad people start wars and good people finish them." granted that argument got sidestepped with a mass of rhetoric insisting that we were not starting a war; and despite how ridiculous that sounds in light of the fact that it was a topic for argument in the first place.

*deleted because of Physics Forums Guideline violations*

Last edited by a moderator:
*deleted because of Physics Forums Guideline violations*
Alias, you should really make that your new signature. :wink:

Originally posted by FZ+
Alias, you should really make that your new signature. :wink:

Done.