Max Power Transfer to Ro: Percentage Explained

In summary: The Attempt at a SolutionSo my goal is to put a "fake" charge across v/2(the dependent source) of 1A facing upwards. The R0 is at the very top of the circuit(the one with no value, above 7.)Since I know i3=-1A I need equations for i1 and i25i1-2i2=217-2i1+10i2=0Solving for i1/i2..i2=9.3Ai1=47.1AFrom here, I know I need Vab which is V across the 1 ohm resistor minus V across the 3 ohm resistor
orangeincup

Homework Statement

The variable resistor R in the ciruit is adjusted for maximum power to Ro. what percentage of total power developed in circuit is transferred to R.

Homework Equations

i=V/R

The Attempt at a Solution

So my goal is to put a "fake" charge across v/2(the dependent source) of 1A facing upwards. The R0 is at the very top of the circuit(the one with no value, above 7.)

Since I know i3=-1A I need equations for i1 and i2

5i1-2i2=217
-2i1+10i2=0

Solving for i1/i2..
i2=9.3A
i1=47.1A

From here, I know I need Vab which is V across the 1 ohm resistor minus V across the 3 ohm resistor

1(i2-i3)+3(i1-i3)=vab
1*10.3+3*47.1=vab
151.69=vab

151.69V/1A=151.69 ohms

The answer is meant to be 3, I also solved it the other way(calculating for Voc and Isc) and got 3 ohms for my answer. I don't know what I did wrong using this method.

Attachments

• ab.png
    ab.png
    1.9 KB · Views: 532
Physics news on Phys.org
orangeincup said:
The variable resistor R in the ciruit is adjusted for maximum power to Ro. what percentage of total power developed in circuit is transferred to R.
I don't see any variable resistor R in the diagram. Is it one of the existing resistors in the diagram? Does Ro have a value?
It's pretty difficult to make out the current labels on your diagram.

orangeincup said:
So my goal is to put a "fake" charge across v/2(the dependent source) of 1A facing upwards. The R0 is at the very top of the circuit(the one with no value, above 7.)
I don't see what placing a fixed current supply across the variable current supply will do for you. It doesn't seem to be a valid approach. Can you justify it?

The variable resistor R0 is above the 7Ohm, in the top part which is unmarked.

I am following the method I found online and in this video:

He places a "fake" current across so he calculate the voltage and solve for Rth based on the ratio, maybe I am doing it wrong.

Yes, well, I'm not going to watch a 20 minute video. Sorry.

But I'll bet he put the "fake" supply across the output terminals where the load would go. This technique serves to stimulate controlled sources when looking for the Thevenin resistance when all the independent sources have been suppressed.

Related to Max Power Transfer to Ro: Percentage Explained

1. What is the concept of "optimized webpage max power transfer to Ro"?

The concept of "optimized webpage max power transfer to Ro" refers to the process of maximizing the amount of power transferred from a webpage to a specific destination, typically a website or server. This is achieved through various techniques such as optimizing code, compressing images, and minimizing server requests.

2. How does optimizing a webpage affect the power transfer to Ro?

By optimizing a webpage, the file size and number of server requests are reduced, resulting in faster loading times and more efficient use of resources. This, in turn, allows for a higher percentage of power to be transferred to Ro.

3. What is the importance of achieving maximum power transfer to Ro?

Achieving maximum power transfer to Ro is important because it ensures that the webpage is loading quickly and efficiently for the user. This can improve user experience, increase website traffic, and potentially lead to higher conversions and revenue.

4. How is the percentage of power transfer to Ro calculated?

The percentage of power transfer to Ro is calculated by dividing the power transferred to Ro by the total power available. This can be expressed as a percentage or a decimal value.

5. What are some techniques for optimizing a webpage for maximum power transfer to Ro?

Some techniques for optimizing a webpage for maximum power transfer to Ro include using efficient coding practices, compressing images and files, minimizing server requests, and utilizing caching techniques. Additionally, using a content delivery network (CDN) can also help to improve power transfer to Ro.