What movies have brought you to tears?

• Thread starter eNtRopY
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Movies
In summary, various people discuss movies that have made them cry, including Snoopy Come Home, Bambi, The Lion King, Dumbo, Firestarter, The Green Mile, Braveheart, 2001, A Beautiful Mind, Donnie Darko, Lady and the Tramp, Lorenzo's Oil, A Way Home, E.T., What Dreams May Come, Mr. Holland's Opus, A Walk to Remember, Titanic, Cast Away, Alvin and the Chipmunks, Once Were Warriors, Godzilla, Music Man, Rob Roy, Sergeant York, Saving Private Ryan, Leap of Faith, Little Mermaid, The Reluctant Astronaut, Amadeus, and A Christmas Story.
Since my daughter passed away 3 weeks after birth 2 1/2 years ago, the movies that make me cry tend to be the ones with a scene where the doctor walks in after surgery with his head down...

Autumn in New York - doctor walks down the hall with his head down, sweat around his neck...apparently upset

Pay it Forward - kid gets stabbed...doctor walks down the hall...you get the point

John Q - the basic premise of this film hit us hard...too familiar...every part of it

Those were the big three that left my wife and I sitting on the bed in a pool of tears...

Physics news on Phys.org
Originally posted by mmapcpro
Since my daughter passed away 3 weeks after birth 2 1/2 years ago, the movies that make me cry tend to be the ones with a scene where the doctor walks in after surgery with his head down...

Autumn in New York - doctor walks down the hall with his head down, sweat around his neck...apparently upset

Pay it Forward - kid gets stabbed...doctor walks down the hall...you get the point

John Q - the basic premise of this film hit us hard...too familiar...every part of it

Those were the big three that left my wife and I sitting on the bed in a pool of tears...

Very sorry to hear about your loss.

I think by sharing this painful moment with us you have touched on a universal truth. The movies that make us cry the most are the ones when we can feel the pain of the characters. As you have pointed out, the moment when it hits the characters would be when they see the doctor coming with his head down. That's when they feel their hope is lost.

They say that time heals all wounds, but we know that the scar remains.

I saw a movie that made me cry again the other day, "A Walk To Remember." Good movie, but very sad.