Taking my knowledge on further

• Thread starter geomot
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Knowledge
In summary, George is a high school teacher who has recently transitioned from a career as a professional engineer. He is seeking resources to refresh his knowledge in physics, particularly in the area of quantum mechanics. Suggestions include the PF forums, the website HyperPhysics, eprint archives, and the Google directory.
geomot
I've just entered the high school teaching profession after fiteen years as a professional engineer working for Ford, GM etc, and I need a bit of refreshing my skill base.

The highest level I am teaching is British A level (17-18 yr old high school) qualifications - which is well inside my knowledge but feel the need to ensure I am OK upto 2nd year university physics

(My degrees are both electrical engineering - so this quantum stuff is a bit alien to me)

Any suggestions of where to go on the internet to bring myself back upto speed - preferable not too mathematical - I topped out on Fourier & laplace about fifteen years ago so no complex matrix manipluations please.

Thanks (in expectation)

George

Physics news on Phys.org
Any suggestions of where to go on the internet to bring myself back upto speed

You've already found one place, welcome :smile:

As our Mentor Tom would say "PF: The next best thing to university"

Ask some questions, browse around the forums and you'll be caught up in no time.

Theres a website called hyper physics or something similar. It is a collection of "slides" that cover much of introductory physics in a connected idea kind of way. I'm not sure of the exact web address, but if you google hyper physics it should come up.

-Gabriel

yeah this forum is really great ;)

as for hyperphysics, it's awesome site, with nice navigation and lots of info :

http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/

if you want to search for something specific you can use eprint archives, they got tons of pdf-s regarding all aspects of physics (bit more harder stuff, can have lots of math)

http://xxx.lanl.gov

and of course, the google directory, under science/physics.

1. What does it mean to "take my knowledge on further"?

When we talk about taking our knowledge on further, it typically refers to the act of expanding or deepening our understanding of a particular subject or field. This could involve conducting research, attending workshops or conferences, or pursuing advanced education.

2. Why is it important to take my knowledge on further?

Continuously expanding our knowledge allows us to stay current and relevant in our field, as well as develop new skills and insights. It can also open up opportunities for career advancement and personal growth.

3. How can I take my knowledge on further?

There are many ways to further your knowledge, such as reading books and articles, attending seminars or workshops, participating in online courses, and collaborating with other experts in your field. It is important to find a method that works best for you and your learning style.

4. What are the benefits of taking my knowledge on further?

Taking your knowledge on further can lead to a deeper understanding of your subject, increased confidence in your abilities, and potential for career advancement. It can also help you stay up-to-date with new developments and advancements in your field.

5. Are there any challenges to taking my knowledge on further?

There can be challenges to furthering your knowledge, such as finding the time and resources to dedicate to learning, or facing difficulties in understanding complex concepts. However, with dedication and perseverance, these challenges can be overcome and the rewards of expanding your knowledge will be worth it.