Why Did Americans Elect Bush as Their President?

• News
  • Thread starter Zargawee
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation centers around the topic of why Americans elected Bush as their president, despite his perceived lack of intelligence. Some argue that the American political system does not necessarily require intelligence to be elected, while others believe that Bush is not as unintelligent as he is portrayed. The conversation also touches on the effects of Bush's presidency on international relations and the ongoing war on terrorism. Ultimately, the conversation highlights the importance of democracy and the power of the people to vote for change in their government.
Everyone,

Please avoid the race-based insults (even it is to make a point).

Zargawee, to prevent any further provoking of flaming and insults, I would suggest changing the title to something less provocative. If you are not able to do it, just let me know and I'll be glad to change it for you ok? :smile:

We are all humans and we have different opinions and emotions but let's try to be respectful to one another.

Physics news on Phys.org
I would like Mr Zargawee to tell us whether Saddam should have been left to run Iraq and (possibly) continue building weapons of mass destuction and bug bombs? Does Zargawee support the efforts of the United Nations to disarm Iraq or does he believe that the Iraqi leadership should have been left alone to do what it saw fit in Iraq. And, finally, does he think that multi-party democracy would be good or bad for the middle east?

If we or are president are "dumbs", we are at least democratic and freedom-loving dumbs with an inalienable right to be dumbs.

And I'm sure that you all must have heard that thousands of soldiers saddam forced into his service surrendered today and yesterday. Hmm des this put a cap on that little "Iraq likes saddam" arguement? They don't like him people! but they can't speak against him!

LURCH
However, fortunately for us, we're not quite as dumb as Arabs !
Well , Can You Prove that ?

zeronem
Mr.Zargawee, So far your post show no intelligence to back up your statement that Bush is unintelligent.
Why ? Do you want me to show you what your president is ?
but if you really want to know , I have lots of examples , starting from wrong expressions in language and dictation typos , and ending with wrong actions in formal meetings.

People have posted and your replys have no effective support for you topic. Not only that, it looks to me as you have ignored replying to the people who made the most intelligent remarks to show that you are wrong.
I didn't ignore them , I didn't come to PF for some time , And this is my first come since I Last created the topic.
and for the intelligent replies , can You show me them ?

Anyways, the reason lots of Arabs are against the U.S. is because they look at the U.S. and feel like 2nd class people.
Let me point to something , most of Arabs are Muslims , and the muslim look to life that it worths nothing , so it doesn't matter for us ( Muslims ) to live rich or poor , becuase eventually we are going to die , and what will we get from this life with us ? For You , a dead person gets nothing with him/her , but we muslims believe that a person actions in life is what he takes with him to the afterworld.
we DO NOT care for life.

They look at us as if we are big and intelligent in which we reside in buildings that reach the sky like the WTC's. We have these buildings because we need them. Not to show that we are big, but economically we must have them.
We look at US as an unfair country , not as intelligent one .
And For WTC , I didn't support the 11-Sep attacks , And I Still don't , but I think that we arabs has buildings like WTC , Even if they are shorter. But who the hell who cares ?

The reason U.S. is interacted with the world is because we like to help people. We offered to help Russia get the Submarine that had sunk down to the bottom of the Sea Floor, but they refused. Still today we offer help to lots of Nations in need of it. We offer help to Mexico, we even helped Nations without their consent, such as we are doing in Iraq, and as we did when we liberated Yugoslavia.
Come On! Do You Think I Belive This Sh*t !
Do You Belive That USA Helps Mexico Becuase They Like Mexican Poeple ? Or They Helped Yogoslavia Becuase Of The Poeple There ? In Other Words ... Do You Think That USA Will Pay 100 Billion Dollars To Cover It's War against Iraq , Just becayse it care about the Iraqi poeple ?
If it does , then US hates it's own cetizins , becuase it is deprives it's own poeple from this money .

It seems the Arabs are not looking toward the good that the U.S. does. Or they can not see that we are doing this for the good of the world. Some claim that the U.S doesn't know what is good for the world. That is completely biased, we think before we pull off an action. The U.S. has worked hard to get into this position as a Nation that we are in Now.
No ... The whole world knows what USA Is doing , that's what 500 000 Poeple knew in London yesterday , and tha's what 3 million knew in Italy week ago , that's what Also Iraqi know.

USA Is fighting for it's own good , For It's projects based in those countries , look at Kuwait , Why did USA defent it from the Iraqi invasion ? ... that's Right , to pretects it's projects in there , and to pretect it's Oil there.

For 200 years we have fought various Wars to keep our Nation. That is why we refuse to let Dictators destroy it.
SO WHAT ? It's natural for a human to fight for his/her good !

Originally posted by Sting
Everyone,

Please avoid the race-based insults (even it is to make a point).

Zargawee, to prevent any further provoking of flaming and insults, I would suggest changing the title to something less provocative. If you are not able to do it, just let me know and I'll be glad to change it for you ok? :smile:

We are all humans and we have different opinions and emotions but let's try to be respectful to one another.

Becuase You're A Friend Before Being A Mentor ... I Changed The topic subject.

I'm sorry Zarg, bu this topic is "dumb".

It sure turned out to be popular though.

Originally posted by N_Quire
I would like Mr Zargawee to tell us whether Saddam should have been left to run Iraq and (possibly) continue building weapons of mass destuction and bug bombs?
There's No Proof that Saddam has developed or build any WMD ...
But I Have To Ask N_Quire ... Doesn't USA Has WDM's ? Why USA Is allowed to have WMD ? And Why USA Is Allowed To Use Is Agains Iraqi poeple ?

Does Zargawee support the efforts of the United Nations to disarm Iraq or does he believe that the Iraqi leadership should have been left alone to do what it saw fit in Iraq.
First of all , Arabs respect the UN and the security counsel verdicts , But USA Don't.
second of all, I Don't Like Saddam ... But I don't care if he left the leadership or not , Jordan's is not geting worse no better becuase of him , We are independent country that cares about itself first , that's whay cause the Jordanian governemnt to declare the "Jordan first" project ...
Maybe you wonder what this has to do with your question , but It's really related , because the main thing I care for it the Good of Jordan , then comes other things.
So , if Saddam left leadership and that was good for Jordan , then I Support that , And If Saddam still the leader of Iraq , And That Was good for Jordan , then I support that too .
Jordan Is What I Care for !

And, finally, does he think that multi-party democracy would be good or bad for the middle east?
Explain "Multi-party democracy" , Please.

If we or are president are "dumbs", we are at least democratic and freedom-loving dumbs with an inalienable right to be dumbs.
I took back the word Dumb.

I can't believe we are even debating Bush's intelligence. The guy is a bona fide moron. I often hear comedians like Jay Leno make jokes about Bush's intelligence. If it is so obvious that comedians make jokes about it then doesn't that mean it is obvious? Everyone knows he is a C student. Oh he's illiterate too but his pride will never let him admit it. Bush has led a privileged life. He has never struggled for anything. He has spent his life trading off his father's name and his family's wealth. Everything has been handed to him on a silver platter. He has a confidence born from an expectation that he always gets his way. A worse choice for president of the US could not have been made.

Americans on the other hand, as a whole, are a clever and creative people.

Americans on the other hand, as a whole, are a clever and creative people.
I Don't Agree .. America Has Brilliand Minds , But I Heared a statistics in 1996 said that 40% of americans Don't know where the sun rises.

Becuase You're A Friend Before Being A Mentor ... I Changed The topic subject.

Thank you Zargawee. Yes, I am your friend and I'm glad you realize that.

Originally posted by Zargawee
LURCH

Well , Can You Prove that ?

Of course not! As I said, it is a "slanderous insult based on race-hatred", just like the title of your thread.

BTW, I see statements that the title of this topic has been changed, but it still shows up the same on my screen. Is that the result of a technical problem? Do the rest of you see it the same on your 'puter?

Well Zarg he was replying to the insult of you saying Americans are dumb (asking it, saying it, its all the same) It is human to get angry and respond.

Yeah the title still shows up the same too me.

It appears the same on mine as well.

Zargawee, since it's your thread, I'll leave it up to you on what you want to rename it. After a while, if no change, I'll change it to a less provoking title, ok? :smile:

Originally posted by LURCH
Of course not! As I said, it is a "slanderous insult based on race-hatred", just like the title of your thread.

how do you get race-hatred out of that? i mean we have all sorts of races here and most of them come from many other countries. it was a cultural question and not a racial one the best i can tell.

I Don't Agree .. America Has Brilliand Minds , But I Heared a statistics in 1996 said that 40% of americans Don't know where the sun rises.

Oh come on. Everyone knows where the sun rises, even Americans. It rises in the sky.

This topic is almost as dumb as George W. Bush.

That Dubya is not the smartest of Presidents is no secret. That this war is a totally unnecessary and stupid one is also no secret.
I supported the Afghan war 200%. That was necessary.
I am totally against this one. This is just mindless bullying.

But Zargawee probably forgets that Bush was not elected President. So there are a lot of intelligent rational Americans out there who are totally against this war and some other such silly decisions made by Dubya.
What is probably hard for the Americans (and maybe the British) to understand is that this war sets a very very dangerous precedent. It gives the US the right to attack whoever it chooses to tomorrow, if that country irritates the US or has to be done away with for whatever selfish interests the US might have at that moment. It scares the **** out of all of us, esp the third world countries. And rightly so.

- S.

Originally posted by Njorl
No, Americans are not "dumbs". I imagine that we are pretty much of average intelligence.

Here's a little understood fact:

Very nearly exactly 50% of all americans are below average intelligence.

Originally posted by Another God
Here's a little understood fact:

Very nearly exactly 50% of all americans are below average intelligence.

being the cup half full type I prefer the other little understood fact:

Very nearly exactly 50% of all americans are above average intelligence. :wink:

Are Americans dumb ? YES.
Are Iraqis dumb ? YES.
Are Germans dumb ? YES.
Are French dumb ? YES.
Are Russians dumb ? YES.
Are Romanians dumb ? YES.
Are Jordanians dumb ? YES.
Are HUMANS dumb ? YES.
We are all dumb because we can't find a better way to mantain peace...
But...until someone will have a better idea...I guess war is suitable in this context...because : 'He who wants peace must prepare for war...'

Originally posted by Zargawee

Let me point to something , most of Arabs are Muslims , and the muslim look to life that it worths nothing , so it doesn't matter for us ( Muslims ) to live rich or poor , becuase eventually we are going to die , and what will we get from this life with us ? For You , a dead person gets nothing with him/her , but we muslims believe that a person actions in life is what he takes with him to the afterworld.
we DO NOT care for life.

Ever since the Trade Center Massacre, I have been trying to avoid this very conclusion, that Muslims place no value on human life. And now a Muslim is telling me that it is correct! I am still reluctant to believe it. I am going to try to spend some time in a Muslim chatroom this weekend, to see if I can't find Muslims of the opposite opinion. This is a major blow to my attempt to see Muslims as people, capable of civilised behavior and able to be reasoned with.

Could it be true that they really are all a bunch of cold-blooded murderers? It would make me very sad to have to believe that.

i am prety sure he is referring to their own lives, in the sense that good Muslim is not afraid of death.

Originally posted by Siv
But Zargawee probably forgets that Bush was not elected President. So there are a lot of intelligent rational Americans out there who are totally against this war and some other such silly decisions made by Dubya.

i absolutely agree with this Siv...i found it funny that Bush stated that the oil fires would be considered a war crime (someone correct me if i am wrong in this claim, i heard it on public radio)...i don't think Americans are dumb, but some can be ignorant...and in our country this is more of a choice because of our freedoms...

as an American, not only do we have many freedoms, but also i think we have an (unspoken) obligation to educate ourselves and get involved with our government instead of letting an elite *minority* lead us...

Lurch, it's got nothing to do with Islam. Fundamentalism of any stripe always places little value on one's own life.
Large crowds were traveling with Jesus, and turning to them he said:
"If anyone comes to me and does not hate his father and mother, his wife and children, his brothers and sisters--yea, even his own life--he cannot be my disciple. And anyone who does not carry his cross and follow me cannot be my disciple.
-Luke 14:25-27

wonder if the people who think such ideology is wrong would consider that justification to nail a man to a cross?

Ever since the Trade Center Massacre, I have been trying to avoid this very conclusion, that Muslims place no value on human life. And now a Muslim is telling me that it is correct!
Wow. I have the same dilemna. Even after reading it I still won't accept it. I have too much faith in the human species. Maybe they are just confused or brainwashed?
i am prety sure he is referring to their own lives, in the sense that good Muslim is not afraid of death.
How can a person who doesn't even value his OWN life place any value on the life of others?

Originally posted by russ_watters
How can a person who doesn't even value his OWN life place any value on the life of others?

you have to give up being self-centered for a start.

you have to give up being self-centered for a start.
Ok, so only non-humans can be muslims? Sorry, but the PRIMARY instinct of all humans is selfishness.

This topic is almost as dumb as George W. Bush.

He is not nearly as dumb as that post Rage

One Muslim does not speak for all Muslims. I'm sure many of my fellow Americans are glad one American (say me for instance) does not speak for all Americans.

I think I speak for all Americans when I say this. :wink:

Njorl

Hehe tricky one there Njorl

Before jumping to any conclusions, I went to one of my own dead topics and tried to change the Title. I thought I had succeded, the title changed in the window I was viewing, but when I went back the next day, the topic still had the old title. (Just so nobody thinks Zargawee is diliberately keeping this offensive title after saying he had changed it).

Fess up now, people...I can't be the only one who went and tried this, right? But for those who haven't tried to do it yourself, I just thought the results should be stated here in public view.

i assumed as much but thanks for the validation LURCH.

anti-Zargawee not anti-Iraq

You know... Zargawee is a genuine @sshole.

I'm not even including this thread. Hell, I know I don't support the war... let alone any war. I'm talking about his complete disrespect for women.

He has made it clear on several occasions that he views women as being inferior to men. He has made comments alluding to the fact that he considers women who have premarital sex to be whores.

This is not an uncommon view for Muslim men to have. Many of them violently control their women, and give them no freedom to make their own choices. In America, we call that a violation of civil rights.

Let's ask him a few questions, directly:

1) Zargawee, if you were in love with a woman, and you asked her to marry you, but later you found out she was not a virgin, would you dump her?

2) Zargawee, if you were in love with a woman, and you asked her to marry you, but later you found out she had been raped, would you dump her?

3) Zargawee, if you were in love with a woman, and you asked her to marry you, but later you had premarital sex with her, would you dump her?

4) If you broke off a relationship because of questions 1, 2 or 3, would you resort to violence?

5) Do you feel that if you broke off a relationship because of questions 1, 2 or 3, your responsive actions would be justified by your god?

Don't take this the wrong way. I'm not saying we should bomb Muslims because they are insecure with themselves and their small members. I don't think we should bomb them at all. I just wanted to point out the fact that whether or not he meant to offend us by posting that we Americans are collective morons, Zargawee is still an @sshole.

eNtRopY

Last edited by a moderator:
OUCH!

That was sort of like the Third Mechanized Division just rolled into this thread.

(Alias makes mental note to self: Play nice with the ladies!)