Matlab map representation problems

In summary, the conversation is about a person working on a meteorological study of Angola's climate and having trouble plotting the meteorological station's latitude and longitude on a map using MATLAB's geoshow function. They provide links to the MATLAB documentation and examples for help.
Frank Einstein
Hi everybody.
I am currently doing a metheorological study of Angola's climate. I can draw the country's shape without much trouble.
>> worldmap angola
>> load coastlines
>> plotm(coastlat,coastlon)

But once I have the shape drawn things start to go downhill.

I have a vector with the meteorological station's latitude and longitude. My goal is to plot them at the same map which I have created earlier. For that, I use geoshow. I.E. geoshow(5, 5) of the location of a token station.
Matlab does nothing when I introduce these commands.

So if anybody could tell me how can I plot all the stations on my map which are described as two columns, one with latirude and other with longitude it would be extremely helpful.

Thanks for reading.

Physics news on Phys.org
Thank you very much. it has been helpfull

Related to Matlab map representation problems

1. What is a "Matlab map representation problem"?

A Matlab map representation problem is a challenge that arises when using the Matlab programming language to create and manipulate representations of geographic or spatial data. It typically involves issues such as creating, displaying, and editing map data, as well as handling coordinate systems and projections.

2. What are some common difficulties faced when working with map representations in Matlab?

Some common difficulties include accurately representing and displaying data with different coordinate systems, handling large datasets, and efficiently processing and analyzing spatial data.

3. How can I create and customize a map in Matlab?

There are several ways to create and customize maps in Matlab, including using built-in functions such as geoplot and geoshow, importing map data from external sources, and manipulating graphics objects to create custom map elements.

4. How can I handle projections and coordinate systems in Matlab?

Matlab has built-in functions for handling projections and coordinate systems, such as geotransform and geotiffinfo. These can be used to convert between different coordinate systems and to specify desired projections for map data.

5. Are there any resources or tools available to help with Matlab map representation problems?

Yes, there are many resources and tools available, including the Matlab documentation, online forums and communities, and third-party toolboxes specifically designed for working with map data in Matlab. These can provide helpful tips, examples, and support for tackling map representation problems.