[Matlab] Gui help for adding code

In summary, the conversation discusses a problem with adding functions to a GUI button in MATLAB. The user is unsure of where to add the codes and how to make the button responsive. They eventually solve the issue by adding the codes at the bottom of the callback function. The purpose of this is to quickly execute the action when the button is pressed. The conversation also touches upon the function of the GoButton callback and how it displays a message to the console when the button is pressed.
mech-eng
Hi, all there is an example for gui but I can not do. Could somebody help me. I generated a button in gui then I have to add some function on in. Codes are in the picture. Will I add them under callback function? Why can I not determine where I should I add them. To understand it
what background should I have?

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    7.5 KB · Views: 605
  • I have to add them here.jpg
    I have to add them here.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 679
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
If you're looking for help you need to supply more information than this screenshot. As it stands, I can't tell if you're writing a Java program or a C/C++ program or even some other language.

With respect to the call back function, often when defining a GUI button you must supply a function that will be called when the button is pressed. Within this function you can do some action like save data to a database or file, start a new thread of execution to do something or to exit a program...

Whatever action is done, we usually try to do it quickly within a 1/10 second or so, so that the enduser views the program as being responsive.

There are two screenhots second one is .m file which is specific for only MATLAB and the second screenshot
is the codes I need to insert into it. I launched Gui in MATLAB then generated a button and edited it with
inspector. Now I am trying to see in the command window "Go, go, go , world" after pushing it. Is it clear enough now?

I solved the problem. Thank you for help. I have to just add it bottom of the callback function. But while we are already on this topic can you say why we add them bottom of that function
to write screen "go, go, go, world" after pushing the button.

Best Regards.

My guess is that when the Button is pressed GoButton is called and the disp('go go ...') is called which prints the message to the console. Is that what you mean?

Yes, you are right but what do you mean by GoButton is called?

Sorry, I meant the GoButton callback function shown in your second image.

Related to [Matlab] Gui help for adding code

1. What is a Matlab GUI?

A Matlab GUI (Graphical User Interface) is a visual interface that allows users to interact with Matlab code and programs without having to use the command line. It typically includes buttons, menus, and other graphical elements that make it easier for users to input data and receive output.

2. How do I add code to a Matlab GUI?

To add code to a Matlab GUI, you will need to use the GUIDE (Graphical User Interface Development Environment) tool. This tool allows you to create and modify GUIs, and also allows you to add code to different components of the GUI, such as buttons or menus. You can access GUIDE by typing "guide" in the command window.

3. Can I add multiple codes to a single Matlab GUI?

Yes, you can add multiple codes to a single Matlab GUI. Each component of the GUI can have its own code, and you can also add callbacks to different events, such as button clicks or menu selections. This allows you to create a more interactive and dynamic GUI.

4. Is it possible to add code to an existing Matlab GUI?

Yes, it is possible to add code to an existing Matlab GUI. You can use GUIDE to open the existing GUI and then add code to the desired components or events. It is important to note that any changes you make to the GUI using GUIDE will overwrite the existing code, so it is recommended to save a backup of the original code before making any changes.

5. How do I debug code in a Matlab GUI?

To debug code in a Matlab GUI, you can use the debugging tools provided by Matlab, such as breakpoints and step-through execution. You can also use the "dbstop" command to set breakpoints in your code. Additionally, you can use the "disp" command to display variables and values during runtime to help identify and fix any errors.