Matlab expressions for two types of odd polynomials

In summary, the expressions for equiripple and maximal flat polynomials can be found using various algorithms and methods, such as the Remez algorithm and the bilinear transformation, depending on the type and desired response of the polynomial.
dan_smith

Homework Statement

i am trying to find the expressions for the "equiripple" and "maximal flat" polynomials
for the equiripple :[/B]
1S6cYlI.jpg

SVYj608.jpg

uk6rZ5x.jpg

for maximal flat:

aVnlBGN.jpg

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

i know that for maximal flat its butterworth polinomials, but for P_3 i don't get the same coeeficient as shown in the polynomial above.

regardung the "equi rippe" i know that its chebyshev polynomials which is chebpoly comand in matlab

i need help getiting the right expression for the "maximal flat" because its not a butterworth expression

and regarding chebyshev i can't get the same plots for P5 P7 etc..

Thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
for your post!

For the equiripple polynomial, the expression can be found using the Remez algorithm. This algorithm finds the polynomial that minimizes the maximum deviation from the desired response. The resulting polynomial will have equiripple behavior.

For the maximal flat polynomial, there are a few different types, including Butterworth, Chebyshev, and Elliptic polynomials. The type of polynomial used will depend on the desired frequency response and the order of the polynomial. For example, a Butterworth polynomial will have a maximally flat response in the passband, while a Chebyshev polynomial will have a maximally flat response in the stopband. The coefficients for these polynomials can be found using various methods, such as the bilinear transformation or the inverse Chebyshev transform.

I suggest doing some more research on the specific type of maximal flat polynomial you are looking for and the desired frequency response. This will help you determine the appropriate coefficients and expression for your specific case. Additionally, there are many online resources and software programs that can help with the calculation and plotting of these polynomials.

Related to Matlab expressions for two types of odd polynomials

What are Matlab expressions for two types of odd polynomials?

The two types of odd polynomials in Matlab are x^3 + ax + b and x^5 + ax^3 + bx^2 + cx + d. The coefficients a, b, c, and d can be any real numbers.

How do I define an odd polynomial in Matlab?

To define an odd polynomial in Matlab, you can use the polyval function. For example, if you want to define the polynomial x^3 + 2x + 3, you can use the following expression: polyval([1 0 2 3], x).

How can I plot an odd polynomial in Matlab?

To plot an odd polynomial in Matlab, you can use the ezplot function. For example, to plot the polynomial x^3 + 2x + 3, you can use the following expression: ezplot('x^3 + 2*x + 3').

What is the degree of an odd polynomial?

The degree of an odd polynomial is always odd, as the name suggests. This means that the highest power of x in the polynomial will be an odd number.

Can I perform algebraic operations on two odd polynomials in Matlab?

Yes, you can perform algebraic operations such as addition, subtraction, and multiplication on two odd polynomials in Matlab. You can use the polyadd, polysub, and polymult functions, respectively.