MATLAB enlarge 3D plot without enlarging colorbar

However, if you are using a for loop to read sequential files and plot different graphs, you may need to use a different method to enlarge the plot. One option is to use the "imshow" function to display the image at a specific size, and then use the "ginput" function to select the block you want to enlarge. Another option is to use the "imcrop" function to crop the image to the desired size. In summary, it is possible to enlarge a 3D patch without altering the size of the colorbar, but you may need to use a combination of methods depending on your specific needs.
kelvin490
Gold Member
Is it possible to enlarge a 3D patch without altering the size of the colorbar? My original picture is like this one:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xashny3w1fwcb2f/small.jpg?dl=0

I just want to enlarge the block in the middle of the figure keeping the colorbar unchanged. I used zoom(1.9) before, it is good but since I need to use a for loop to read sequential files to plot different graphs and make video, the graph became larger and larger so it seems that I need another method to enlarge the plot.

Physics news on Phys.org
Yes, it is possible to enlarge a 3D patch without altering the size of the colorbar. You can use the "resize" function in Matlab to adjust the size of the 3D patch without affecting the size of the colorbar. You can also use the "imresize" function to scale an image with a different aspect ratio. Additionally, you can use the "imtransform" function to rotate and scale an image.

Related to MATLAB enlarge 3D plot without enlarging colorbar

1. Can I zoom in on a specific area of a 3D plot in MATLAB without changing the size of the colorbar?

Yes, you can use the "xlim", "ylim", and "zlim" functions to set the limits of the axes in a 3D plot without affecting the size of the colorbar. This will allow you to zoom in on a specific area of the plot without changing the overall size of the figure.

2. How can I resize a 3D plot in MATLAB without changing the size of the colorbar?

To resize a 3D plot without changing the colorbar, you can use the "Position" property of the axes. This property allows you to set the size and position of the axes within the figure. By adjusting the position, you can resize the plot without affecting the colorbar.

3. Is there a way to adjust the size of the colorbar in a 3D plot without changing the size of the entire figure?

Yes, you can use the "Position" property of the colorbar to adjust its size and position within the figure. This will allow you to resize the colorbar without changing the overall size of the figure or the 3D plot.

4. Can I change the colorbar limits in a 3D plot without changing the size of the plot?

Yes, you can use the "caxis" function to set the limits of the colorbar in a 3D plot without changing the size of the plot itself. This function allows you to specify the minimum and maximum values for the colorbar, and the plot will adjust accordingly without changing its size.

5. How do I prevent the colorbar from resizing when I zoom in on a 3D plot in MATLAB?

To prevent the colorbar from resizing when zooming in on a 3D plot, you can use the "ColorbarLocation" property. By setting this property to "manual", the colorbar will not resize when zooming in on the plot. Additionally, you can also use the "ColorbarLimitsMode" property to keep the colorbar limits constant while zooming.