Improvising with Flash: Math Tutorial Design

• Thread starter recon
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Flash
In summary, someone has started learning Flash and needs help with a project. There are several resources available on the internet for beginners.
recon
Hello all,

I am designing a tutorial in Mathematics for school. This tutorial has to be done in Flash.

There is this java applet online that I would very much like to use. Here it is: http://www.phy.ntnu.edu.tw/java/shm/shm.html

I would like to draw something very similar to those strings and circle in Flash. Please, could someone help me?

I just started learning to use Flash two days ago and I've only just been acquainted with the basics such as tweening, but I already have a rudimentary idea of how the program works.

Last edited by a moderator:
Computer science news on Phys.org
Well, I AM a very-slow-to-catch-on Beginner.

I just found another site: http://actionscript-toolbox.com/mathobject.php

The Flash animation of the sine curve being drawn looks really good. However, when I downloaded the source and opened it it seemed that it wasn't done as a movie (it wasn't done frame by frame). Now, I would really like to export this particular animation into .avi format. Is this possible? How do I manipulate the source so that it shows the sine curve being drawn frame by frame? If it is too difficult for beginners, could someone please help me to do just this as I desperately need it as soon as possible. Thank you.

[EDIT: This is not homework if you are wondering. It's for a tutorial (being done as a video) I want to design for a mathematics project. Go to the General Math Section to see more]

Last edited:
Of course it wasn't done frame by frame. It's too darn inefficient. I don't think you'll have enough time to learn actionscript and do the project. You should just download to flash videos and use this program to convert to avi:

http://www.snapfiles.com/get/swf2avi.html

Last edited by a moderator:
How do you download to Flash videos? They only provide the .fla source and I can't download it in .swf, which I need to convert to .avi.

OK, I just managed to export the .fla source into .swf (it plays nicely). However, when I tried converting .swf to .avi with the program you just mentioned the program wouldn't let me because it says there are too few frames. What can I do?

You might want to ask that question in some Flash forum. I have no idea.

1. How can I use math tutorials to improve my improvisation skills in Flash?

Math tutorials can help you improve your improvisation skills in Flash by providing a structured approach to problem-solving and developing your mathematical thinking. By understanding the underlying principles of math concepts, you can apply them creatively in your Flash projects.

2. What are some key math concepts that are useful for improvising in Flash?

Some key math concepts that are useful for improvising in Flash include geometry, algebra, trigonometry, and calculus. These concepts can help you manipulate shapes and objects, create animations, and develop interactive elements in your Flash projects.

3. How can I incorporate math tutorials into my Flash projects?

You can incorporate math tutorials into your Flash projects by using techniques such as coding, visual aids, and interactive elements. For example, you can create animations that demonstrate math concepts, use coding to manipulate objects, or create interactive quizzes to test your understanding.

4. Are there any online resources for math tutorials specifically designed for Flash?

Yes, there are many online resources available for math tutorials that are specifically designed for Flash. Some popular options include websites such as Khan Academy, Math is Fun, and Mathigon, which offer interactive tutorials, videos, and games to help you learn and practice math concepts for Flash.

5. How can I measure my progress in improvising with Flash using math tutorials?

You can measure your progress in improvising with Flash using math tutorials by setting specific goals and tracking your achievements. For example, you can aim to complete a certain number of tutorials or create a Flash project that incorporates a specific math concept. You can also ask for feedback from others or participate in online communities to showcase your progress and receive constructive criticism.