Where Can I Find Informative Nanotechnology Websites?

In summary, a student was looking for a simple and informative introduction to nanotechnology and asked for website recommendations. Another user suggested nanomachines.com and mentioned that they are developing nanomachines. They also shared a link to Richard Feynman's paper on nanotechnology. The conversation also briefly touched on the topic of assemblers and replicators.
Jack
I don't really know anything about nanotechnology and I'm still doing my GCSE in physics so I was looking for a good website as a simple yet informative introduction to nanotechnology because it sounds really interesting. Can anyone recommend any good websites on the subject because I couldn't find any?

Computer science news on Phys.org
this is an all round decent site
here is the nano link

Thanks, that's just what I was looking for.

Does anyone know how assemblers and replicators actualy work. What are they made of and how do they carry out their intended processes?

Also, have any been built yet?

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by Jack
Thanks, that's just what I was looking for.

Happy I could help:smile:

1. What is nanotechnology and how does it work?

Nanotechnology is the study and manipulation of matter on an extremely small scale, typically at the nanometer level (1 billionth of a meter). It involves the use of specialized tools and techniques to create, manipulate, and control materials at the atomic and molecular level. This allows scientists to engineer materials with unique properties and functions that are not possible on a larger scale.

2. What are the potential applications of nanotechnology?

Nanotechnology has a wide range of potential applications in various fields such as medicine, electronics, energy, and materials science. Some examples include targeted drug delivery, improved solar panels, and stronger and lighter materials for construction and transportation.

3. What are the risks associated with nanotechnology?

As with any emerging technology, there are potential risks associated with nanotechnology. These include environmental concerns, potential health hazards, and ethical considerations. Proper safety measures and regulations are being developed to address these risks and ensure responsible use of nanotechnology.

4. How can I learn more about nanotechnology?

There are many resources available to learn more about nanotechnology, including books, articles, and online courses. You can also visit government websites and research institutions that specialize in nanotechnology to stay updated on the latest developments.

5. How can I get involved in nanotechnology research?

If you are interested in pursuing a career in nanotechnology, it is recommended to pursue a degree in a related field such as chemistry, physics, or engineering. You can also seek out internships or research opportunities at universities or companies that conduct nanotechnology research. Networking and attending conferences and workshops can also help you connect with professionals in the field.