Cried about the carpet bombing of civilians

• News
  • Thread starter Alias
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the initial concerns and criticisms about the Iraq war, such as the potential for carpet bombing of civilians and the high number of coalition soldier deaths. However, it is noted that these concerns did not come to fruition and the Iraqi people are now celebrating Saddam's downfall. The conversation also addresses the shifting opinions and reactions to the war, with some individuals complaining about the ease of the victory and others celebrating the success. There is also a mention of the false belief that Iraq possessed weapons of mass destruction. Overall, the conversation highlights the complexities and controversies surrounding the Iraq war and the varying perspectives and reactions to it.
Originally posted by damgo
Yeah, basically. In Nazi Germany if you openly opposed Hitler, the SS came to your door at 5am to drag you away to a death camp. Now, if you openly oppose Bush, some conservatives call you a dirty hippie and say you're unpatriotic.

Exactly the same thing. <rolls eyes>

LOL, the ATTITUDE is similar...and, after all, like the right-wing media has been screaming; do you wait until they do act before responding, or do you nip it in the bud early, before the damage is done?

Physics news on Phys.org
well damgo, i was referring to the earlier stages prior to the death camps. but you might want to stop rolling your eyes and break out a dictionary to understand the difference between the terms "basically" and "exactly", it would be more productive. :wink:

:wink: Yeah, I see the parallel... isn't there even some famous quote by a Nazi about all governments using patriotism in wartime to demonize political opponents? Was that your sig I saw that in kyleb?

Mind you... seeing that Zero allowed this entire thread which is based on gloating and ridiculing of other people's reviews, it's pretty stupid accusing him of being too strict in his role as moderator here, or abusing his power. Hmm...

Originally posted by FZ+
Mind you... seeing that Zero allowed this entire thread which is based on gloating and ridiculing of other people's reviews, it's pretty stupid accusing him of being too strict in his role as moderator here, or abusing his power. Hmm...

The complaining about me 'abusing power' isn't about reality. It is about claiming victim status to get special treatment, a classic strategy. For the most part, one side feels like if it has to compromise, it is being suppressed. It is the same way that some Christian groups claim that their rights are being taken away if they cannot force their views on others 24/7 in every public forum.

i think this thread has gone on long enough as i see it drifting way off topic...zero, sting, are you with me in closing it?

Originally posted by Kerrie
i think this thread has gone on long enough as i see it drifting way off topic...zero, sting, are you with me in closing it?

I dunno...yeah, why not? And, you could show me how to close one, if you aren't too busy?