Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Mathjax update (finally working on IE browser!)

• Admin

Jameson

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
Hi all,

We're using Mathjax 2.0.3 now and any further updates should run automatically. For me the speed is much faster and I hope you notice this as well. As always, if there are any problems please let us know by posting in this thread.

Jameson

Last edited:

Ackbach

Indicium Physicus
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
Re: Mathjax update

Hmm. Well, it's not rendering for me at all in IE9. It renders fine in Google Chrome, and is, as you say, faster.

CaptainBlack

Jan 26, 2012

Renders on Opera, but not on IE8

CB

• Admin

Jameson

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012

First of all, if you are using IE I would recommend that you not. There are so many better options out there but I understand on certain computers you might have not a choice. I found out on Mathjax's site that IE has issues using fonts that are loaded from other sites so Latex will not render unless you have the fonts locally installed. To get around this I will have to change our code such that IE users use Mathjax 1.0 and all others use 2.0. I'll get on that tomorrow.

• Admin

Jameson

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012

Can someone who uses IE tell me if Latex is working now? I believe I have implemented the proper fix. I'm on my Mac but used a browser emulator page to test MHB through IE9 and Latex was working perfectly.

Ackbach

Indicium Physicus
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012

Not working for me.

Amer

Mar 1, 2012

dose not work, dollar signs appeared

• Admin

Jameson

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012

What about now? I used an IE9 emulator with success so I'm very hopeful...

EDIT: No, still not working. I'm using the exact same parameters from the Mathjax website too! This is getting frustrating. It will get taken care of though eventually.

Last edited:
  • Admin

Jameson

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012

It is actually rendering on IE8 in front of me (Tongueout). I'm too tired of this to be happy now but I really am. I'll wait for confirmation and see what versions are working and I might tweak some things to try to get better loading times. If you thought waiting 2-3 seconds for Latex to render then you won't be happy about IE's wait but at least it will come up eventually. There seem to be some general issues as well with rendering however IE does it so expect glitches. I'm hoping this will be another reason for everyone to stop using that browser!

Ackbach

Indicium Physicus
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012

Win 7 + IE 9 is working. Great job! I don't think it's that much slower than Chrome, incidentally. Maybe a bit.

Amer

Mar 1, 2012

working windows 7, internet explorer 9