Mathematica; NotebookEvaluate inside CreateDialog

• Mathematica
  • Thread starter ChristinaJ
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Mathematica
In summary, Mathematica is a computational software program used for data analysis, visualization, and advanced computations in scientific, engineering, and mathematical fields. NotebookEvaluate inside CreateDialog allows for the evaluation of a notebook within a dialog box, enabling the creation of interactive interfaces and dynamic content. It can also be used in custom functions to create interactive elements and perform calculations, including the creation of interactive graphs. Some advantages of using NotebookEvaluate inside CreateDialog in Mathematica include the ability to create dynamic and interactive elements, streamline the coding process, and evaluate notebooks without opening them.
ChristinaJ
Gold Member
The following creates a button window to select a notebook to run. When a button is pressed Mathematica finds the notebook but cannot evaluate it. The following error occurs
Could not process unknown packet "1"
Code:
CreateDialog[
  DialogNotebook[{Column[{TextCell[
       Row[{Style["I would like to ...", FontWeight -> Bold]}], 
       "Text"], 
      Row[{Button["run 1", 
         NotebookEvaluate[
          "/../file1.nb"]],
        Button["run 2", 
         NotebookEvaluate[
          "/../file2.nb"]],
        Button["run 3", 
         NotebookEvaluate[
          "/../file3.nb"]]}], Button["Done", DialogReturn[]]}]}]];
This occurs under Mathematica 8 on all platforms.

Any help greatly appreciated,
Christina

Physics news on Phys.org

Related to Mathematica; NotebookEvaluate inside CreateDialog

1. What is Mathematica?

Mathematica is a computational software program used in scientific, engineering, and mathematical fields for data analysis, visualization, and advanced computations.

2. How does NotebookEvaluate inside CreateDialog work in Mathematica?

NotebookEvaluate inside CreateDialog allows for the evaluation of a notebook within a dialog box, allowing for the creation of interactive interfaces and dynamic content.

3. Can I use NotebookEvaluate inside CreateDialog in my own custom functions?

Yes, NotebookEvaluate inside CreateDialog can be used in custom functions to create interactive elements and perform calculations within a dialog box.

4. Can I use NotebookEvaluate inside CreateDialog to create interactive graphs?

Yes, NotebookEvaluate inside CreateDialog can be used to create interactive graphs by evaluating a notebook containing graphing functions within a dialog box.

5. What are some advantages of using NotebookEvaluate inside CreateDialog in Mathematica?

NotebookEvaluate inside CreateDialog allows for the creation of dynamic and interactive elements in Mathematica, making it a useful tool for creating custom interfaces and visualizations. It also allows for the evaluation of notebooks without opening them, saving time and streamlining the coding process.