Math Resources for Beginners: Learn with Ease

• MHB
  • Thread starter PeterOwen
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Resources
In summary, the conversation discusses the topic of seeking help with math understanding. The forum advises against a certain website and instead suggests posting problems on the forum and receiving guidance from volunteers. They emphasize the importance of understanding the material and not relying on outside resources for answers.
PeterOwen
Hi, after surfing this forum i understood that i don't know anything about math. Can someone recommend me some services/resources that can help me?

Mathematics news on Phys.org
I have deleted the link you posted, as that website is diametrically opposed to the philosophy of Math Help Boards, and even, in my opinion, utterly unethical. May that website die a thousand deaths. That website will not help you understand math in any way. If you want to understand math, then you've come to the right place! What we do here is quite different. You post problems, at most two per thread, and you show us the progress you've made on them, as well as explaining exactly where you're stuck. Then we come along and help you get unstuck, just at that one place. We do not hand out answers to you, because that won't help you understand. Math simply isn't a spectator sport. You have to pull the weight yourself.

You'll realize this once you come to test-time, and you don't have the resources of the other website at your disposal. Our way is slower, admittedly (so make sure you're asking questions well in advance! We're all volunteers here.), but it will help you understand far better.

Related to Math Resources for Beginners: Learn with Ease

1. What is the purpose of "Math Resources for Beginners: Learn with Ease"?

"Math Resources for Beginners: Learn with Ease" is designed to provide easy-to-understand and comprehensive resources for individuals who are just starting to learn math. It covers various topics and concepts in a step-by-step manner, making it a great tool for those who are struggling with the subject.

2. Who can benefit from "Math Resources for Beginners: Learn with Ease"?

Any individual who is new to math or wants to refresh their basic math skills can benefit from this resource. It is suitable for students, homeschoolers, and adults who need to improve their math knowledge for personal or professional reasons.

3. What topics are covered in "Math Resources for Beginners: Learn with Ease"?

This resource covers a wide range of topics, including basic arithmetic, fractions, decimals, percentages, geometry, and algebra. It also includes practice exercises and quizzes to reinforce learning.

4. Is "Math Resources for Beginners: Learn with Ease" suitable for all ages?

Yes, this resource is suitable for learners of all ages. However, it is specifically designed for beginners, so it may be more beneficial for younger learners or those who are new to math.

5. Can I access "Math Resources for Beginners: Learn with Ease" for free?

Yes, this resource is available for free online. You can access it anytime and anywhere as long as you have an internet connection. There are also no hidden fees or subscriptions required.